How to Replace Your Digitizer - LG Ally

This is a discussion on How to Replace Your Digitizer - LG Ally within the LG Ally Tutorials & FAQ's forums, part of the LG Ally category; If you attempt to disassemble your phone yourself, it is at your own risk. I am not liable if your phone is bricked or otherwise ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Replace Your Digitizer - LG Ally

If you attempt to disassemble your phone yourself, it is at your own risk. I am not liable if your phone is bricked or otherwise destroyed. I think this may also void your warranty. I did this once already to see if it worked, and then I did it a second time to make this tutorial. Enjoy!

Ok, first remove your battery. Then...

You can close the slider, and then...

Now, the circuit board should lift out.

A small black ribbon which connects the screen to the keyboard will hold the whole thing together, don't rip this thing out !

I forgot to take a picture of the next step and didn't realize this until my phone was re-assembled. Oops. Anyway, after you lift out the keyboard, you will be able to access the other 2 black screws which are on the back of the screen panel. I held the slider half way in/out to remove the screws since they are not accessible if the slider is fully extended or closed.

You should be able to separate the screen panel and will see the back of the LCD screen. The black ribbon runs through all 3 sections.

Carefully trying not to pull out the ribbon, I turned the keyboard/circuitboard sections sideways to begin separating the LCD from the digitizer.

Take the time to remove all smudges, fingerprints, lint balls, etc etc from the front of the LCD and the back of the new digitizer...or you will see it on your screen forever!

Now go in reverse. Don't forget to re-attach the connection of the LCD and Digitizer. There is a very small click when it seats correctly.

Hopefully your phone works!

Oh and, I bought the replacement digitizer off of Ebay, and saved myself around $120 by doing this myself.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Good tutorial. Hopefully, I will never have to use it.
    Motorola Droid 4

In the few days with my new digitizer, I have discovered my proximity detector has stopped working completely.

I have to remember to hit the lock button before i put the phone to my face, so it's just more annoying than anything...

Just finished my replacement and phone works great! Thanks a lot for this great tutorial. When I powered the phone up the light that comes on was blue... I imagine its indicating I took it apart and voided the waranty... did this happen to you?

Quote Originally Posted by nex-deth View Post
    Just finished my replacement and phone works great! Thanks a lot for this great tutorial. When I powered the phone up the light that comes on was blue... I imagine its indicating I took it apart and voided the waranty... did this happen to you?

No, I did not have this problem. My phone works exactly as it did before, except for losing the proximity detector.

I will be doing this shortly. Never ask a drunk person to take a picture for you.

I have found an OEM lcd display screen replacement for $30 on ebay. Think I can do any better?

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    I will be doing this shortly. Never ask a drunk person to take a picture for you.

I have found an OEM lcd display screen replacement for on ebay. Think I can do any better?

That's about what I got mine for.

This is the one I mentioned.

It is listed as "OEM New LG Ally lcd display screen replacement US." I assume this is what I need but the lister is using the wrong words to describe it. Do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    This is the one I mentioned.

It is listed as "OEM New LG Ally lcd display screen replacement US." I assume this is what I need but the lister is using the wrong words to describe it. Do you agree?

The original poster is describing the replacement of the digitizer (touchscreen). You are linking to the LCD, they are two different things. If you LCD is cracked, you will have a messed up image when your phone is on. If the digitizer is cracked, the image is fine, but you will see a crack in the digitizer glass. Make sure your getting the right thing. post a pic of your phone and we can tell you what you need.

BT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links