Batch deleting in email App

This is a discussion on Batch deleting in email App within the LG Ally Tutorials & FAQ's forums, part of the LG Ally category; How do you delete all the pop3 emails at once?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batch deleting in email App

How do you delete all the pop3 emails at once?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

In the Market, there are apps: Yahoo and K9 Mail. They both have collective email deletions.

This topic may have been covered in the forum.

Are the email accounts linked? Do you get notifications of them all? If yes then I found I can click on the notification and be shown the emails list. I can then click the grayed out check mark at the front of each email (and the box turns green) for each email I want to delete, click the button at the bottom that says delete and it deletes all of them. Not sure how it works with Google emails as I don't have a notification for them at this time but I would think each program has an option like this.

If youir using the default email app, just remember that you need to delete them ftom the trash folder to get them deleted off the phone.
    Motorola Droid 4

So if I empty the trash via the laptop will that also delete them or do I have to empty the trash both places?

Quote Originally Posted by sherongb View Post
    So if I empty the trash via the laptop will that also delete them or do I have to empty the trash both places?

You should specify. Are you using Gmail or the Email App or a third party App? Your provider will be helpful, too, because some differ.

This topic is covered in the forums but has been buried. A search may offer you more info.

I use both Gmail and Yahoo on the laptop and go to the mailboxes there. On the phone I have both accounts linked, Gmail was autolinked when the phone was set up and I don't remember how I linked the Yahoo account but did not use the Yahoo Android app, I didn't like it when I tried it. Don't have a third party app (unless I somehow added one and was not aware of it)..

Gmail stores your mail on the server, not on the phone. You can batch delete online. I just found Trash on the phone doesn't even offer delete anymore. Basically when you delete you are really changing the Label to "Trash."

I am currently not using anything but Gmail so I cannot be sure of the other ones. I have read how they work but things might be different since FroYo so I defer to others with first-hand knowledge.

There is no change with the non gmail email app. If you delete an email on your phone, it sends it to the trash folder and you have to delete it a 2nd time for it to be gone.

If I delete an email on my phone, it doesn't even show up in trash when I login online. It has to be deleted on the phone.

Yahoo may be different. Easiest way to find out is to delete an email on your phone, login to Yahoo on your pc and see if it is in the trash.
    Motorola Droid 4

the k9 apps works with gmail, but I can't get it to work with my verizon.net acct

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads