LG Ally Soon to Get Froyo Update

This is a discussion on LG Ally Soon to Get Froyo Update within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; If you or someone you know owns the LG Ally, they have good news. The phone is scheduled to get the Froyo update very soon. ...

Thread: LG Ally Soon to Get Froyo Update

Twitter
    droidforums

LG Ally Soon to Get Froyo Update

If you or someone you know owns the LG Ally, they have good news. The phone is scheduled to get the Froyo update very soon. The update is VS740ZVD, and of course brings several Froyo goodies with it, but it may be possible that not all features will work. When you get it, let us know in the forums.

Source: LG Ally Soon to Get Froyo Update - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'll be curious to see how the Ally handles the update. My wife got an Ally several months back and I was pretty surprised to learn how crappy the specs are. There's only ~100mb of internal storage and not very much memory. I would have told her not to get that phone had I known. Anyway, should be interesting but I guess they wouldn't push it if it wasn't going to work.

I heard it started pushing out today...but that's all I heard.....I don't have one myself :P

I got 2.2 last night using the LGupdate software

so far so good and 2.2.1/VS740ZVD has all the functions and changes you would expect with froyo except there is no flash support

the specs of the Ally's ARMv6 processor do not meet the minimum requirements for 10.x flash which requires a ARMv7 processor

the response of the phone is quicker and with Apps2SD I was able to free up alot of memory and that was good since the Ally has such low internal memory to begin with so any freed up memory helps
    Last edited by jazz; 01-19-2011 at 02:41 PM.

thats great i woke up to the update this morning and tried to update it but it didnt take. So now i have to wait until my wife gets home to try again. And the ally is a great phone sure it doesnt have much internal memory but there has been custom roms out for a while that allow apps2sd and my wifes ally put my og droid to shame on speed, so much so i had to get a droid incredible

I got my update over the weekend. Had to reinstall Swype but other than that I havent found any problems as of yet with existing apps (havent played with them all yet). Love being able to move apps 2 SD. I'm finding I have to change some settings along the way that must have been reset by the upgrade. I havent really "followed" all the buzz on Froyo -- except that it was better and that it "might" eventually hit the Ally. Is there a real "list" anywhere of what all of the changes were?
    The Verizon "flyer" only hits the highlights -- I'd love to know ALL of the things that changed. (Like the fact that the phone keypad looks completely different)

I am having an issue when I plug it into my netbook via usb, it doesn't show that it is charging. Other than that, I love that I can move some of my apps to my sd card.

Android 2.2.1 froyo is so much better than the previous systems. But I hope that 2.3 Gingerbread comes for the Ally. It looks amazing!

Sent from my Ally using Android.net App

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links