Welcome to the LG Ally Forum on Android.net, please post an introduction thread!

This is a discussion on Welcome to the LG Ally Forum on Android.net, please post an introduction thread! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Hello Everyone! My name is Olimpia, and as my display name implies, I am a Network Engineer. I've been a geeky techie all my career, ...

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the LG Ally Forum on Android.net, please post an introduction thread!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Olimpia, and as my display name implies, I am a Network Engineer. I've been a geeky techie all my career, but was a pretty traditional phone person. I recently joined the Android world with my LG Ally. I absolutely love it! My previous phones have been basic flip phones such as Motorola (early days) or Samsung (last several years). I hated the Samsungs. This is my first LG. So far. I am pretty impressed with it.

I have had some challenges getting used to the droid interface, but thanks to the Internet, there's information aplenty. I found this forum and decided to join.

Hi my name is tyler. I just got my lg ally a week ago. I paid abolutely nothing for it ! It was a certified pre owned device that I ordered off verizonwireless.com for free plus free shipping. I was pretty excited about that. Anyway this is my first smartphone and I love every second of it. My previous phone was the lg dare. I've owned nothing but lg phones my entire life. I own plenty of lg brand products (tvs,refridgerators ect.) And I consider it my favorite brand. The ally is no exception. I love my phone !

Hi Everyone. I am thinking of buying the LG Ally (probably from Costco) and I have a very basic question. How is the phone reception and voice quality? My husband is ready for a new cell phone, and he's interested in the Ally. It will be used primarily as a phone, rather than for texting, e-mail or internet usage. This will be our first smart phone. We both currently have LG flip phones that we love, but they're a few years old, and we're ready to upgrade. Also, does the Ally have decent battery life. I've seen mixed reviews on that. We've used Verizon Wireless for a number of years, and we're happy with it.

Thank you.

Telco59

You can use the Ally to make phone calls?
    Motorola Droid 4

Can't really answer your question on battery life. It is different for each Ally and for some users it is different by day. But if all you are going to do is use it as a phone, you should be okay. There is an extended battery that you can buy that will help boost the time needed between charges.

Phone reception and voice quality are okay for me but I rarely use it for phone calls and when I do I am in my car using a bluetooth car speaker which destroys voice quality.
    Motorola Droid 4

Android Jr Member David Sevigny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by telco59 View Post
    Hi Everyone. I am thinking of buying the LG Ally (probably from Costco) and I have a very basic question. How is the phone reception and voice quality? My husband is ready for a new cell phone, and he's interested in the Ally. It will be used primarily as a phone, rather than for texting, e-mail or internet usage. This will be our first smart phone. We both currently have LG flip phones that we love, but they're a few years old, and we're ready to upgrade. Also, does the Ally have decent battery life. I've seen mixed reviews on that. We've used Verizon Wireless for a number of years, and we're happy with it.

Thank you.

Telco59

The Ally lets you turn certain functions off to conserve the battery. Letting the phone just die helps it a great deal. I have had mine 3 weeks now. I do many things with it...including phone calls. If you buy it you may find you will do more with it. Switching to a smart phone is an adjustment. This is my 1st. Good luck. This forum is certainly helpful, and friendly.

just an update...i have found so much info on here! all this info, on a day i chose to let my battery go dead to improve it. so as not to clutter the forum everytime i get the answer to my questions without having to "ask" them, here is a big

THANK YOU!

...and i promise to search the site before i ever ask a question.

all the kind words, and encouragement is awesome.

one more note. i have installed games on my phone, some i haven't even opened because my ally is so much fun getting to know, and this forum has taken it to a whole new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    You can use the Ally to make phone calls?

Thats just funny. Although I have "ignored" a call cause what I'm doin' currently on the "phone" is more fun.

Hi, I just got my new ally phone not to long ago. Even though it has it's quirks, its the best and funnest phone I've ever had. I really enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by telco59 View Post
    How is the phone reception and voice quality?

It will be used primarily as a phone, rather than for texting, e-mail or internet usage.

Also, does the Ally have decent battery life. I've seen mixed reviews on that.

We've used Verizon Wireless for a number of years, and we're happy with it.

Telco59

Telco59, ironically my reception is only bad at home, but I manage. I am convinced my apartment walls are painted with pure lead. Everywhere else I get very good reception and 3G coverage (I'm in Brooklyn, NY).

My battery life is very good for all the functionality. I bet you nor your husband would only use the Ally for calls for long. There is SO much to do. You'll see!! SO MUCH!! And to make it worth the $30/month unlimited data plan, you'll want to use many Apps. Some are just brilliant. I promise.

If you have been Verizon users for a long time, be sure to check out the website. There are special discounts and that 2 years program. A whole lot of people received this phone free with a 2-year contract. Me included. I paid $0. Some paid $50 and got a $50 rebate. So be sure to check out the Verizon Wireless page!

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links