Welcome to the LG Ally Forum on Android.net, please post an introduction thread!

This is a discussion on Welcome to the LG Ally Forum on Android.net, please post an introduction thread! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Hello, I'm Missy. The Ally is my first smartphone. I've had it for a little over a week. I'm still figuring it out and hope ...

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the LG Ally Forum on Android.net, please post an introduction thread!

Hello, I'm Missy. The Ally is my first smartphone. I've had it for a little over a week. I'm still figuring it out and hope to find the answers I need for the issues I'm having on this forum

Can the LG Ally font size be changed; especially in email? I can hardly read my email without pulling out my eye glasses.

Also, I can access my email inbox; but how can I get to the sent items, drafts...and how do I permanently delete email messages. Speaking of email messages...when I delete email messages, a 'load more messages' prompt appears and when I touch it, the deleted emails reappear. I want to permanently delete my inbox. Find out where I can find my sent items and change the font size. HELP! Frustrated in Northern Michigan.

I have been going to keep up with the kids and I FIND A LOT OF THINGS I CAN USE

Hi...only had my Ally for a few days now, but I really like it. I had a Voyager before...so this is obviously a whole new world. As I am getting to know my new phone and downloading apps, I noticed a new icon on the top left of my status bar across the top of the screen that looks like the little black droid inside a white suitcase. I've looked high and low at the icon glossaries and do not see this one....Does anyone know what this is all about?? Sorry if I shouldn't ask questions here....I'll cruise around this site and do better next time. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Allyuser View Post
    Can the LG Ally font size be changed; especially in email? I can hardly read my email without pulling out my eye glasses.

Also, I can access my email inbox; but how can I get to the sent items, drafts...and how do I permanently delete email messages. Speaking of email messages...when I delete email messages, a 'load more messages' prompt appears and when I touch it, the deleted emails reappear. I want to permanently delete my inbox. Find out where I can find my sent items and change the font size. HELP! Frustrated in Northern Michigan.

You need to use the menu button to view other folders and account settings. The menu button is the second button from the right that looks like four lines.

To View Sent Emails

Open your email account.

Push the menu button.

Click on Folders.

Click on Send.

To Delete Emails From Server

Open your email account.

Push the menu button.

Click on Account Settings.

Scroll down until you see Incoming Settings.

Click on Incoming Settings.

There is an option to Delete email from server.

Change it to When I delete from Inbox.

Click Next

Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyA View Post
    Hi...only had my Ally for a few days now, but I really like it. I had a Voyager before...so this is obviously a whole new world. As I am getting to know my new phone and downloading apps, I noticed a new icon on the top left of my status bar across the top of the screen that looks like the little black droid inside a white suitcase. I've looked high and low at the icon glossaries and do not see this one....Does anyone know what this is all about?? Sorry if I shouldn't ask questions here....I'll cruise around this site and do better next time. : )

I think that icon means that one of the Apps you downloaded has an update. If you touch the notification bar, you can slide it open and it will tell you what the notification is for. If it is an update, you can click on the notification and it will take you to the Market Download page. Opening the notification bar is a bit tricky until you get used to it.
    Motorola Droid 4

Hello all,

I've had my Ally about 2 weeks. Got 1 for my wife also. Both FREE at the Verizon store.

We really like these phones and like most others have gradually learned where things are and how things work. After wanting an Incredible, but not wanting to wait for the next production wave, I am glad I have a phone with a keyboard.

For those of you struggling with operation: remember that it's an evolution, not a revolution. I found the online manual useful and recommend using it.

I hope to gain from and contribute from this forum.

Glad you're a member Steve, the topics list is growing so hopefully you'll find some help / tips here.

We have all different skill levels, and educations, younger members and older, some new to Android, some not, but we all come together here to learn.

You'll see an occasional poke, or kidding a member, but they're respectful....for the most part...lol

Hi all. I've only had my ALLY for a few days but already really like it. I'ts my first Smart phone and I got it because I wanted to have one place for my calendar's (among other things such as e-mail and internet). It's great because I can know at a glance what my schedule is, whether I'm at my computer using my Google Calandar, or at Church and want to see if I have an opening in my schedule.

I only have three negatives at this time:

1. When in the bright sunlight I can't see the screen.

2. No all screens allow my to increase the font size for my old and tired eyes.

3. Battery is only giving me one day of use. My last several phones would give me up to 3 or 4 days of use - but then they weren't smart phones either.

Hi DRB, glad you're a member here!

You make 3 good observations of the phone. I'm afraid I can't help you with the first 2, but I sure can with the last. Take a look over here http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/113-battery-help/

There are other topics here regarding the battery, look over in the accessories forum when you get a chance.

If you have other questions, look through the different list of topics, you can find lots of help here.

If you don't see anything that helps, start a new topic in the forum best suited for your inquiry. The members here like to help, and jump on new questions.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links