Welcome to the LG Ally Forum on Android.net, please post an introduction thread!

This is a discussion on Welcome to the LG Ally Forum on Android.net, please post an introduction thread! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Hi im mickey420, just found this forum tonight as i have been looking for a painless way to root my wifes Ally 2.2, I am ...

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the LG Ally Forum on Android.net, please post an introduction thread!

Hi im mickey420, just found this forum tonight as i have been looking for a painless way to root my wifes Ally 2.2, I am somewhat familiar with rooting,roms, kearnels, odin, cwm, etc as I am also a member of both AndroidCentral and Xda-Developers forums, and have a rooted leak 2.2 version Samsung Fascinate. I have attempted to rooot the Ally with z4root v1.1.0, universal androot, and superoneclick v1.6.5. nothing has worked needless to say, i cannot find drivers for windows 7 64bit, i feel almost like a alien to this phone lol. I will be all over this forum if anyone can hit me up with some quick references to threads or dl links i would greatly appreciate the heads up. Thanks for the welcome thread, its a nice touch. God Bless

Hi all, Matt from Arizona. Got an Ally for Christmas and loving it. I'll be searching the forums for a good car mount (preferably with build in charger connection to avoid having to manually plug in the cable each time) and some other accesories. Any links to threads that might save some time are greatly appreciated!

Peter from Arizona...bought the Ally for me and my wife...$18.88 at Wal-Mart with 2 year contract. Not sure I shouldn't have gone with Cricket's Android...but we like the Ally just fine for our first Android phones. Just put the movie 300 on it and it plays beautifully!

I am a little discouraged about one thing...I am having a problem with a certain company and would like to be able to record calls (inbound and outbound) without having to use the microphone to do so. And...I know you have to warn someone before legally recording a conversation. I saw that on the Galaxy forum...they have a working fix for this. Is there a discussion already started for this here? I put 'call record' and 'call recording' in the search bar, but no results. If not, does anyone know anything about an app or a 'fix' for this feature in the current 2.2 update?

Also, will we be able to update to Android 2.3 and other versions?

Thanks!

John from Nashville, TN.

Hello - We have 3 Ally users in family since Oct 2010. We are all addicted to droid phones now. Just a few frustrating issues- this oldster is struggling with the tiny print on the gps maps, anyone have a cure? Also cant see at all in daylight which has caused more than one navigation error and argument over who navigates and who drives. No winners.

We did away with landline phones so the fact that we overuse the Ally causes it to die when people need to contact us. I saw that there was an extended life battery but saw only review which was bad. I found this forum and hope someone might have some helpful tips. Mostly thinking I need an ipad besides the phone.

I think I only know about half of what this phone does.

Thanks!

Business user here. I loved my palm trio and now using the ally. I chose android because I am adhd and the global synching is great. www.catholicadhdcoach.com Having the ally droid is very useful. I play the drums and you can hear the band at youtube The Sower Band.

Purchased my Ally on line for $50 the same as Verizon was charging. I think the next week Verizon went free on the Ally! Upgraded by Verizon cell phone (basic $30 plan) to the Ally and added unlimited internet data $30 plus later activated the 5 channel wireless router for $20 with basic 2 GB plan. The wireless router I use with my G-tablet and my Acer netbook. I also have a 3 desktop home network on a cable router. That's a 6 station cable/wireless dual network. Needless to say I love this stuff and have worked (volunteer) on the user side of computers for years at our Senior Center and State Park. I'm a big time collector of data (genealogy, news, video's and tech stuff) and have filled up several GB hard drives. Have yet to figure out how to do this collecting (saving on line pages etc) on the Ally or GPAD. Any idea's

I currently have a palm pixi plus but I have an LG Ally on it's way. Should be here in a couple days. I am researching the phone because I am not sure if I have made the right decision. Fortunately I have 30 days from the time I get it to make up my mind. I've seen so many negative comments that it has caused me to want to look into it more. Also, if anyone has switched from a palm pixi plus (that liked their palm) to the LG Ally I would love to hear your thoughts.

Hi...just got my Ally over the weekend, had a Blackberry Curve that I loved but it was getting cantankarous and kept freezing up. I am just learning the Ally and am sure that I have alot to learn before I decide how I feel about it. I am not sure what apps I need to add in order to have this phone where I am going to feel like it is as good as the Blackberry--my blackberry had been my lifeline and I feel extremely lost. I plan on searching this site to learn as much as I can and hope that this phone will soon become my long lost friend.

I just upgraded from a Treo to the Ally. I purchased one for my spouse as well. We are feeling a bit overwhelmed at the fact that the phones are smarter than we are. We are on the Verizon system. The phones have Android 2.2.1 loaded.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links