Welcome to the LG Ally Forum on Android.net, please post an introduction thread!

This is a discussion on Welcome to the LG Ally Forum on Android.net, please post an introduction thread! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Hi there, I bought my Ally 3 days ago from Best Buy. I had problems with it right away. This is my first smart phone ...

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the LG Ally Forum on Android.net, please post an introduction thread!

Hi there,

I bought my Ally 3 days ago from Best Buy. I had problems with it right away. This is my first smart phone but I'm pretty savvy and didn't think it would take me long to adjust. Well, when I couldn't enter a contact manually (went off into....? but showed up in the log, but then every number added went in under the same name) I went back to Best buy for help. I feel better. There is something wrong with the phone, not me, so there is a new one coming in at the end of the week. In the mean time I was able to import my contacts, just can't add anybody new. I have to say I like it more the more I use it although it has obvious flaws and is not exactly intuitive. I am happy I get to try it out this week on a phone I am not keeping, I feel like I can kind of run it through the gauntlet.

Cheers,

Jules

I bought my LG Ally around the beginning of June. I somewhat regretted the purchase because the Incredible and Droid X are more advanced than this Ally with regards to processor speeds. I find it annoying that i cant download handcent without the double messaging bug. I also dislike the lag. i debated about paying the $35 restock fee and just picking up the incredible or waiting for the Droid X but I didnt. Now that the 30 days is past, i am satisfied that i stuck it out with the Ally.

But my last phone was the LG Dare and i swore i would try my hardest to avoid a touch-screen- only phone. I borderline despised the Dare but it lasted well considering i destroy my phones due to drops. I like LG and am happy with the slide out keyboard.

Just got my phone about three weeks ago. Have been LOVING it so far, minus a few things here and there. I was looking for a manual and came across this site. So, HELLO everybody

!

Hello, everyone! I just received my new LG Ally phone today. I admit that I am on an extremely tight budget; therefore, for 49.99, who would pass up a deal like that for an android phone? It seems like I read over a thousand reviews about the phone. Therefore, from what I can gather, prior to the phone's arrival, I read the instruction manual many times. Though it is 300 pages long, it seems to have saved me a lot of headaches after the phone arrived. It is too early for me to make any judgements yet, BESIDES the processor being somewhat slow. However, I have had several models of the Blackberry; and, I can handle a somewhat slow processor versus a frozen or an automatic-resetting-itself-every second BB ANY DAY! I am glad that this forum is avaiable because it contains a WEALTH of useful information. Without this site and the manual, I may have regretted my purchase decision. Will keep everyone posted as I continue to play with my new toy. Praying for the best!

Glad all you folks found the site, and became a member. And that's right, this IS the premier LG Ally site. The help forum has several pages of topics, and the list is growing.

Thanks all for contributing.

pmd
    Hey everybody I just got a LG Ally to replace my LG Env2 which I opened really fast and it snaped in half. I got this phone for a early birthday present. I lost all of my contacts on the other phone but I got all of my media contents on my SD card which works very good with this new phone. I have a 2GB SD card and with the phone I got a 4GB obe which I have not used but the 2GB but I posted a topic about my phone and getting the things off the card and on to the memory. Thanks for reading this and I am in love with my new phone.

Hi All

Very new to lg ally & the smart phone stuff. Looks like a very helpful place

I also got my phone from Costco for $12 on July 5th. What a deal. Looking forward to being part of the community as I begin to learn how to better use my phone.

Hi Everybody,

I have had my Ally since it became available at the beginning of June. I pre-ordered mine online and have loved it ever since getting it. Is it perfect - no! But, it's my first smartphone, and I'm thrilled to have it!! I am organizationally challenged at times, and
    discovered that I really needed a synchronized calendar that I could access via both my cell and online. My Ally fits the bill perfectly. I didn't get it for free, but being among the first onboard was worth it! Unfortunately, I got hosed when it came to the Iron Man tie-in (not that it's a heartbreaker, but it kinda stinks!! I logged onto the website in plenty to time to order the comic book (whoopie!) and it said that I had to wait to get the comic books before I could take the picture and get the Iron Man theme (or whatever). Well, by the time the comic books came in, and I tried to send the pic, it told me the promotion had ended. That's ok though, I didn't see Iron Man 2 and didn't like the first one to begin with. But, free is still free.

My biggest complaint at this point is when I try to call my home voice mail (or similar) from the cell. I have to key in my security code, etc., and the screen blacks out when I'm trying to use it. That gets frustrating. Otherwise, basically everything else is great!

Tilt the phone away from your face to where it is flat in your hand. The screen will come back on.
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links