Welcome to the LG Ally Forum on Android.net, please post an introduction thread!

This is a discussion on Welcome to the LG Ally Forum on Android.net, please post an introduction thread! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; LGAllyForums.com is a friendly community dedicated to the newest LG Android powered cell phone, the LG Ally. Our goal is to be the place to ...

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the LG Ally Forum on Android.net, please post an introduction thread!

Welcome to the LG Ally Forum on Android.net, please post an introduction thread!

LGAllyForums.com is a friendly community dedicated to the newest LG Android powered cell phone, the LG Ally.

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have LG Ally questions or problems.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) cell phones, etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I just picked up my new LG Ally from Costco. Paid $12 in taxes for the free phone, 30 day trial, then a two-year Verizon contract. ($30/mo wireless-$30/mo data)

I currently have ATT with just a flip phone, and pay $40/mo for that.

I was a Palm Treo user in my consulting business, but wanted to upgrade to modern technology, and take Ally on the road with me during Semi-retirement.

I immediatly added my Gmail accounts, loaded 1gig each of pics and music onto the 4gb card.

I love the navigator, maps etc.

So many Aps....so much time on my hands!

QUESTION....

Can I use this phone at home for my only internet access, and not need a hub (ATT Internet @ $40/mo) for my desktop (without wifi-but with external usb antennae)

my laptop is wifi? If I get rid of the hub will this work?

cooksr

Welcome to the site Cooksr,

You can use the LG Ally for tethering but Verizon places limits on the amount of data you can use and it's a pretty slow solution for a "dedicated" internet connection, I would not recommend it.

I bought my phone today from Verizon and paid a lot more than Costco charged. I want to get apps for scheduling and planning. I am coordinator of gifted services for an urban junior high and need to stay a step ahead if possible!

Hi cc, if you paid more than 49.99 for the Ally call them and they will credit you the difference. There's a lot of postings in the apps forum to look at, I'm sure you can find an app like that in the market.

Hello all! I'm nikki, I bought mine at best buy for 29.99! I had the voyager (blah) and finally got to upgrade! I'm sooo lost compared to my old phone so hopefully I can learn a few things on here!

Hey Nikki, welcome to the site. Glad to have you aboard.

Hi! I bought the Ally from Best Buy for $29.99 and no activation fee (father's day special) for my oldest daughter. Also bought Samsung Reality phones for me and my other daughter....we did not need the $30 data plans. We are long time keepers of phones....the one who got the Ally had a Pantech slide for 2 years, the other had a Pantech that "looked" like a Blackberry and I had a Nokia flip for almost 3 years. The daughter using the Ally is totally excited about the phone! She's not a power user and I'm hoping she continues to love it. Lots to learn about it! It's a little different to have to charge it every day but I think we can work around that. This forum is a wonderful resource and everyone seems so helpful! Thanks.

Hi. Just received my Ally today. I feel a bit intimidated, as I've gotten pretty used to the Blackberry Curve. But, I'm really looking forward to getting up to speed with the Ally. I'd sure appreciate any advice on tutorials, etc. that might be the best way for me to do that. This seems like a really helpful forum, and I'll take advantage of learning all I can here. Thanks!

Spend as much time as you like here lil, you can find a lot of answers reading the forums. For the Ally, this is the place to be.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links