How much are you liking your LG Ally?

This is a discussion on How much are you liking your LG Ally? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Biggest piece of crap waste of money EVER!!!! Smart phone????? Nothing smart about a phone that has 20 megs available with very little apps on ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much are you liking your LG Ally?

Biggest piece of crap waste of money EVER!!!! Smart phone????? Nothing smart about a phone that has 20 megs available with very little apps on it. Slow, clunky, slow, phone app crashes (yes, phone app) REALLY!!!, never have any bars, live one mile from tower, did I mention slow. Biggest piece of crap EVER!!!!!!! Oh, and I have until late 2012 to get another phone becuase who can afford retail.

I wish I could go back to my Alias 2

Quote Originally Posted by beerandchips View Post
    Biggest piece of crap waste of money EVER!!!! Smart phone????? Nothing smart about a phone that has 20 megs available with very little apps on it. Slow, clunky, slow, phone app crashes (yes, phone app) REALLY!!!, never have any bars, live one mile from tower, did I mention slow. Biggest piece of crap EVER!!!!!!! Oh, and I have until late 2012 to get another phone becuase who can afford retail.

I agree with you and I don't think having 30 days is enough time to decide whether you like this phone or not.

2 more years..............UGH

Rate Ally a 7

Previously a Blackberry user, and changed to be on Verizon for better phone coverage.

Verizon coverage and Ally phone functionality have been better, though not excellent.

Corporate-required e-mail app (TouchDown) has caused me lots of problems. Funny how a couple percent of stall time and lock-ups can be so significant. If they only happened when I slept ...

Web and map app are great

jhr

I hate it!

1. the battery will be fully charged when I go to bed - 6 hours later when the alarm should go off it doesn't - the batter is dead

2. my screen intermittently goes blank when wanting to use the touch screen - like when using voicemail

3. apps running which I will never use and I can't delete take up tons of space

4.at times won't let me end a call - none of the buttons on touchscreen or otherwise work - only way is to remove the battery

5. signal strength is at times only one bar (1/4 strength) when alltel user next to me has 4 out of 5 bars

6. won't let me set my phone to silent - I can only use the ring or vibrate

Oh, this is my THIRD lg ally in 6 months. 1st one died, 2nd one screen kept going black and now this POS... yuck!

I voted a three. I had to switch carriers(thankfully) last summer, and had the intention of buying the Droid. The person at the Verizon store talked me into the Ally, and I've regretted it ever since a month of owning it. I've had nothing but problems with this phone. I'm actually on my third one since July. There have been several programming issues that the help center and folks at various Verizon stores can't fix. My last one had to be factory reset three times a week for two weeks before they replaced it. Luckily I haven't had any problems with the third one, but when I'm eligible for an upgrade in July, you can bet I'm getting rid of it. I'm not trashing every phone, because I know I got a couple lemons, but this is my experience so far.

On a more positive note, I do like the features of the phone, and it is really easy to use. The keyboard is great, and I've not had a problem with dropping calls, or any signal issues.

When I first got this phone I loved it being that it was my first smartphone. One year later I hate it! Every update I lose more features that I grew dependent on. I no longer have the vibrate option ...EVER. Even when I toggle the volume button down to vibrate I get nothing. Have notifications to vibrate "always" and it doesn't vibrate EVER! Lost it completely! Used to have white or green light notification for texts versus emails...GONE. Some of my apps don't work now. I just uninstalled them...what the sense of having them now. Phone is constantly rebooting by itself. Sucks that I have another year before I can switch!

Wow this is crazy!! Mine is great and works fine I love it. But cant wait to try another modle to compare

If folks really hate your phone, try selling it on Ebay. I bought mine on Ebay for $130 a couple months ago. Then you can afford to buy a different phone on Ebay, too. (might wanna do it the other way around, though).

I just flashed the Frunisher1.0 ROM, which opened a bunch of available space on the phone memory, and can up the CPU speed to 760hz. It's a great little phone now.

If ya hate the phone, there are options. Just sayin . . .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links