How much are you liking your LG Ally?

This is a discussion on How much are you liking your LG Ally? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Wanted to start a poll for those of you who have received your LG Ally and how well you are liking it. Please participate in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much are you liking your LG Ally?

How much are you liking your LG Ally?

Wanted to start a poll for those of you who have received your LG Ally and how well you are liking it. Please participate in the poll.

Poll is a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Technology these days is amazing... I showed this phone to my dad and it blew his mind...

pmd
    I love it

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    I voted an 8. There are a few things I would change on the phone before calling it a 9 or a 10. But for the most part, it's amazing.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

I'm not happy about not being able to move to 2.2 supposedly and the exchange support issues really bother me...as a corporate user this phone is a tool first and foremost. For all the great and not so great things I think a 7 is about as generous as I can go with it.

A lot better since the update. Froze frequently; now, not a problem. More zip too. There is one problem I hope can be resolved-reception is not as good as my previous LG phone. In fact, on a scale of 1-10, I'd rate it a 4.

I am very frustrated. WHERE DO I FIND ANSWERS!!!!!!

I would say a 6 right now but hope to see it move up to a 9 as I get used to it

Wanted to start a poll for those of you who have received your LG Ally and how well you are liking it. Please participate in the poll.

Poll is a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest.

[/quote]

I'll vote as an 8.

Now my perspective and take on it...

First... I am a LONG time hold out of "smartphones" as I really just don't use a phone for more than any thing other than, gasp, PHONE CALLS! and using sms as an alpha pager replacement.

Second, my idea of the ideal phones starts at the Motorola UH8000 thats whats commonly reffered to as the brick phone. Its perfect. It has an antenna, weighs about the same as a brick, can be used as a weapon in a pinch, and still call for backup.

Third, I don't do crapple! Period, ever, never, no way no how! His Sithness and Imperial jobsboi can go fly a kite under some high tension lines.

Fourth, I am a Linux zealot. Your either on the Linux bus with me or your the enemey. There ain't no wiggle room. Hence #3, 7,8.

Fifth, PHYSICAL KEYBOARD. Thats a requirement.

Sixth, This left in the lurch, blowing in the wind BS over 2.2/Froyo and possibly 2.3/Gingerbread I don't care for, but alot of this is LG's doing.

Seventh, ROOTABLE!

Eigth, I don't do wincrap either. Even with the cuties in the wmp7 ad.

Ninth, accessories.... A drop in or docking cradle to charge is a MUST from the OEM. Add in the nav mount and this sort of looks interesting... Once I get the nav mount and a chance to play v. the two other GPS devices I have available will be interesting to compare.

So we will see what happens... I'm building a list of applications I may use to do some things, but for the most part theres not likely to be a huge change in what I do with a "smartphone" v. my old LG Decoy VX8610 which I got because it game with a bluetooth headset built in that could be carried in the phone and charged by the phone... I used it, NEVER. I don't look as good as Lt. Uhura with that thing in my ear!

Theres some things I would like to see, like better ability to remove carrier crapware ie: dumbtube, stuperbook, etc.. but I will more than likely root it, and take care of that myself...

But overall it meets my needs.

I would've voted a 6 or 7. (BTW- This is my first "real" smart-phone, owned a number of multimedia phones before I upgraded to this 3 weeks ago). Like I said, would've been a 6-7 because this phone seems to be destined to remain with 2.1 forever. It had very limited RAM , so I was really looking forward to 2.2. Well after 2 weeks of research , double checking, re-doublechecking, etc.... (Trying to find out everything I could to avoid "bricking" my new phone) I took the leap, Rooted my phone, installed recovery and flashed to a nice new ROM called Raptor 0.1... After seeing the improved interface and getting A2SD along with a class 10 sd card so I can have a high speed swap file too... I gotta give this phone a 10.. Either Verizon or LG sorta dropped the ball on this, with all the promises and delays related to the deployment of froyo (2.2)

Thanks,

Mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links