Anyone have overheating issues?

This is a discussion on Anyone have overheating issues? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Intrimazz duct tape Better than doing 100 mph... actually with normal use my phones been fine, great battery life too......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have overheating issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Intrimazz View Post
    duct tape

Better than doing 100 mph... actually with normal use my phones been fine, great battery life too...

I've noticed the unit got pretty warm while I had it plugged into the lighter plug with a verizon charger and in the Navigation mount in my car (but it WAS in direct sunlight at the time). Need to try some alternate mount points for it in the car, that will hopefully keep it cooler and still give it GPS sat signal.

Also, the charging base they sell for the Ally works well too, doesn't seem to get warm in it either.

My ally does the same thing. whether i am using an LG charger or using a wall charger i bought when i forgot the charger that came with my phone at a friends house. My phone gets EXTREMELY slow when it over heats and i have to take the phone apart to cool it. I woke up one morning and it had an error message that the phone had overheated and needed to be shut down and literally burned my fingers to the touch.. the phone would not turn on for an hour after i took the battery out and put the phone under a fan. This is a problem that really bothers me because it is a daily occurance.. every day my phone overheats and its really been worrying me..

Quote Originally Posted by followasmile View Post
    My ally does the same thing. whether i am using an LG charger or using a wall charger i bought when i forgot the charger that came with my phone at a friends house. My phone gets EXTREMELY slow when it over heats and i have to take the phone apart to cool it. I woke up one morning and it had an error message that the phone had overheated and needed to be shut down and literally burned my fingers to the touch.. the phone would not turn on for an hour after i took the battery out and put the phone under a fan. This is a problem that really bothers me because it is a daily occurance.. every day my phone overheats and its really been worrying me..

That is an major issue. Is the charger you bought designed for the Ally? If not, the charger could be the cause of the overheating. If it is, I would take it to Verizon and have them look at it. You may need a new charger, battery, or phone.
    Motorola Droid 4

AA is certainly right. The phone and or battery could be damaged. It's important to use the OEM batteries and chargers with the Ally. They are built to specifications for the Ally. Sure, you can find 10 dollar batteries and chargers that will fit, or plug into the Ally, but do you really want to take a chance with your new phone? And, again,....the use of non OEM acessories can void your warranty for this exact reason.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    My phone hasn't had any heat issues yet. Sure there are times I pick up the phone and notice it is warm, but so far it has not gotten to the point of any warning messages on the screen or the phone shutting off to cool down. I used my Ally to navigate from Chicago to Florida and had it plugged into the car charger 99% of the time and didn't run into any problems.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

The only time mine got hot was on the car charger while running the nav app. Even got the overheating warning. Once I switched to a usb car charger adapter, I've never had heating issues again.

Well for the water cooling idea I found it more effective to put the phone in a sealed plastic bagg with no air in it and place the bag in a bucket of cool water. When I need to see my phone I just take it out... look at it.... put it back! Its that simple. For a cool phone.

Anybody notice a lot of heat when using the phone for a long perriod of time? It seems that if I've been using it for awhile, the backside will get really warm....it's usually towards the end of the day when I put the smack down on some robots or play some spades....not sure if it's the screen or the battery...any thoughts?

Hi Scooby, It's normal. When the battery is charged, or drained (discharged) at a fairly rapid rate the battery will warm slightly. If you were to use the phone for 10 minutes at a time, you wouldn't notice any heat. But when you're online, or gaming, the battery has a pretty good discharge rate and you can feel it warming slightly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links