Anyone have overheating issues?

This is a discussion on Anyone have overheating issues? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Good morning - I was wondering if anyone else noticed their Ally getting REALLY warm when you put in a freshly charged battery or if ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone have overheating issues?

Good morning -

I was wondering if anyone else noticed their Ally getting REALLY warm when you put in a freshly charged battery or if you just take it off the charging cable. I have an older universal charger that is standalone and simply charges the battery and when I took the battery off the charger this morning and put it in the phone, the ENTIRE phone got VERY warm very quickly! Even the glass was warm to the touch. That seemed a little odd, but after about an hour or so, it seemed fine. Overall, I REALLY like my Ally but this thing with the battery/charging freaked me out. I'm waiting on my extended life batteries. I ordered them from Verizon and I'm curious to see how well they last. I am spoiled, having had a Motorola Q 9C for a long time and been able to charge the batteries outside the phone, so I usually had 2 or 4 batteries as backup and just rotated them through. I hope someday they come out with a legit standalone battery charger for the Ally and maybe the ability to get the newer version of Flash running.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their new phone.

Tim "ThE MaD RuSsIaN"

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

if it gets too hot it will shut down on you untill it cools down, it happened to me while i was using it and charging it in the car... if the phone is just idle it stays cool just fine for me...

Hi mad, good posting, I've seen where others have had concerns regarding battery heat while charging. It's normal for phones to get a little warm when charging, or almost fully charged but the Ally seems to get real warm. The phones circuitry includes a thermister, to shut it down if it gets too hot and it seems a few people have triggered it. I do not know what the deal is because most folks are using the OEM charger. I would recommend using LG chargers because aftermarket and universal stuff may not meet LG's specs.

Minty -

Thanks for the heads up. I think LG REALLY needs to get on developing an independent battery charger, because that would make life SOOOO much easier. Having to constantly be tied to a charger when I need the phone out and about is no fun. I guess I've had independent battery chargers for so long (it's got to be almost 10 yrs now) that it's hard to even contemplate the old way of charging my phone. But even when I used the OEM charger, I still found the same thing, that the unit got very warm very quickly. I guess we'll just have to see how things go. Aside from that, I am slowly getting used to the phone, and overall I really do like it. I've got one other thing I need to test though - playing it through an adapter cable through the sound system in the theater I work in. I'll have to try it later. Eventually I have to sync it with the Bluetooth in my car stereo too, but I've only had the phone since last Friday (the 28th of May) so I haven't gone through ALL the bells & whistles just yet.

Have a great day.

MaD

You're right MaD, we'll keep an eye on the charging heat thing, that is unusual. Glad to hear you like the phone, I'm sure it does take some time to become fully familiar with it, but wow, what a powerfull handheld device it is.

heh that's funny cuz the Ally just gets mildly warm on me when charging but the adapter itself get's much warmer than i anticipated. I am going to purchase the cradle charger anyway.

There is a new rumor that trav and Intri are working together developing a new app to resolve car charging heat. Apparently they have integrated the Ally with the cars radiator hose to provide liquid cooling for the Ally. Hopefully, if they are successful, it will keep the Ally's display and keyboard below the boilover and meltdown temperatures. Only drawback so far is that they need to go 100 MPH to keep trav's Ally cool. We'll keep you posted.

PS...don't believe a word of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    There is a new rumor that trav and Intri are working together developing a new app to resolve car charging heat. Apparently they have integrated the Ally with the cars radiator hose to provide liquid cooling for the Ally. Hopefully, if they are successful, it will keep the Ally's display and keyboard below the boilover and meltdown temperatures. Only drawback so far is that they need to go 100 MPH to keep trav's Ally cool. We'll keep you posted.

PS...don't believe a word of this.

Umm, yeah? We almost had it but my car can't even do 100 mph let alone the whole speed limit thing... I decided to just duct tape it to the bottom of my drivers side mirror to keep it in the shade and get that wind cooled affect... I'll let you know how that turns out... lmao

Duct taped to the mirror!....lol

Quote Originally Posted by travisl_2727 View Post
    Umm, yeah? We almost had it but my car can't even do 100 mph let alone the whole speed limit thing... I decided to just duct tape it to the bottom of my drivers side mirror to keep it in the shade and get that wind cooled affect... I'll let you know how that turns out... lmao

duct tape

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links