Is your battery life improving?

This is a discussion on Is your battery life improving? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; FWIW - new LG Ally is going on 40 hours between charging and still at 38%. Got the Firmware version of 2.1Update1 I have all ...

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is your battery life improving?

FWIW - new LG Ally is going on 40 hours between charging and still at 38%. Got the Firmware version of 2.1Update1

I have all syncs turned off, GPS off and wifi turned on, used on the average for calls, texts, FB, email and I never stay logged in to any apps....

As advice from experience, I would never leave this phone charging continuously until it needs charging. For those that have Laptops, you've probably seen battery life go downhill since you first got it. I've found this to be caused by the Laptop being always plugged in and charging. The battery just expects to be plugged in after months of this. The one way to recover some battery life is to unplug, run it till it gets low on battery is indicated (which will probably be only a few minutes at 1st), recharge and start all over. Eventually your Laptop battery should improve. Same with the phone IMAO.

After reading about poor battery life on this fourm as well as other forums, I was worried. But after using this phone for a good bit now, I think battery life is a direct consequence of user habits... I compare the Lg Ally to other Smartphones as a Netbook is to a full size Laptop, it can do it all, just know it's limitations...

I use my phone all day for work and play. it makes it thorough out the day. if i go out at night i have to give it a quick charge

A week ago I converted from using the stock email app to access my Yahoo mail to actually dl'ing the Yahoo mail app. Have my FB,Twitter,Gmail, & Yahoo on Sync (I have a love'hate relationship with the sync feature b/c its always hungry for battery,lol)...the app worked great but I was going through battery in 2-3 hours, or atleast getting down to under 20%.

I've gone through & cleaned out all the market apps I got & no longer use, ended up deleting the Yahoo mail app - not b/c it worked but b/c it killed my battery...batterys still fading as we speak. Right now, standyby is 50%, idle is 44%, & display (after I changed from auto bright to just the low setting) is 7%. In the past hr, with sync on, I've gone through 13% battery.

I really DESPISE turning my phone off period b/c its the only contact # I have, dont want to leave it on airplane mode b/c I want to still want to make & receive calls in case of emergency...my battery wasnt always this bad. As I said earlier, I go through phases where I'll turn the sync on/off...I never have my wifi or bluetooth on so I know thats not eating my battery. Wish I could have kept that Yahoo app but it was killing my battery. Past few weeks Ive been carrying my USB charger with me b/c my phone will barely make it through my 8/5 hr work shift. Oddly enough, even though I always have my phone on me, when I'm at work, I rarely use my phone except for my half hr break - even then its to check FB,Twitter - and occasionally text a fellow graveyard shift buddy.

I learned a week in from having this phone to dl Adv Task Killer...will periodically go in & kill apps, today I switched it to auto kill every half hr & made sure "Messaging" was added to my Ignore list...

Anyone have any ideas as to the culprit of what could be attacking my battery?

If you are talking about the maintenance update that just hit the phones a week ago. Man i'm I really pissed. My Phone was just fine until this stupid update came. I have stuff that runs all the time, no matter how many times i kill it... Great skype, wtf I don't even use, can't get rid of, and now runs, just like other apps i did not download or want but now stuck with. My phone now needs to be charged 2 times a day. COME ON!!!...... before the update, with my usefull apps running, minimal internet, and phone use, texting and all, the phone would be fine all day on a charge and by 7pm would need to rest, and that was coming home from work and playing a few games of live hold em.. I am truley pissed now and they and it made my phone horrible.... oh and I forgot to mention how many apps dont respond now, like my handcent sms app, and a few others, even email will freeze on screen and ask I want to wait or force close... WTF they better fix this one.... I aint happy... This phone was awesome when I first got it, meet all my expectations, well worth the 50 bucks, best phone i ever had. 1st maintenance update... I saw minimal change, a little better performance, apps i did not install and could not uninstall, thanks for that one especially when i can't save to sd. 2nd maintenance update.. bad performance, app freeze to no respond or crash, battery life sucked dry quick, etc. etc.

Sorry for the rant, but keep your eyes on your phones & the updates they are giving us..

Red

about a month in and I havent noticed much difference in overall battery life. I will say that the 1st 50% or so dies very quick and the last 50% takes a day or so. And I must have a super battery because if I add up all the %'s of things that are using battery it always equal more that 100%, anywhere from 102- 103%

My battery doesn't seem to last as long with the new VZC update. I haven't pinned down exactly what is draining it, but something is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    My battery doesn't seem to last as long with the new VZC update. I haven't pinned down exactly what is draining it, but something is.

Same here. It usually takes a few weeks to get it back to normal.
    Motorola Droid 4

my battery life has been ok since i got it, now in the past 2 weeks its gone to hell. unplugged at 1030am this morning, now its at 38%. 10 texts, 3G web for about 20 seconds, and one 30 second phone call. between all this and no froyo (and the stupid small amount on onboard memory) i'll probably be upgraded after the new year. phone is rooted.

Is it bad to use the phone while charging? Is it bad to let it completely die after the first full charge?

As far as I am concerned if it turns on when I plug it in it is ready to be use. Watch for overheating if you are running resource heavy Apps, though.

People will claim our battery type does not need to be cycled, but I disagree. It has been my experience that my battery has improved over time, and from cycling specifically. A cycle also could recalibrate your battery gage. I let my battery die about every 6 to 8 weeks, then I fully recharge it before use.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links