Is your battery life improving?

This is a discussion on Is your battery life improving? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Intrimazz I am constantly playing on my Ally so my battery life is however, I just got the cradle for it and ...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is your battery life improving?

Quote Originally Posted by Intrimazz View Post
    I am constantly playing on my Ally so my battery life is

however, I just got the cradle for it and now it doesn't drain overnight when I am sleeping which was a problem because I would fall asleep and forget to turn off wifi 3g and gps and wake up to a dead phone...

I highly recommend the cradle to all Ally owners.

((Sorry if this posts twice, it gave me a registration error even though I am already signed in . . .))

Can I ask where you got your cradle and what the price is like? Is it similar to an iPod/iPod Touch docking system?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee Cat View Post
    ((Sorry if this posts twice, it gave me a registration error even though I am already signed in . . .))

Can I ask where you got your cradle and what the price is like? Is it similar to an iPod/iPod Touch docking system?

Try reading this thread: Display Charging Cradle

The cradle is available from Verizon and runs around around $30.
    Motorola Droid 4

I think mine is half me not playing with it all day, and half magic. I still use it pretty much, but my wifi, gps, bluetooth, ect is always on. Unplugged it today about 11am, and right now I'm at about 70% left. Definitely seems like the battery gets better with age.

hope this help anyone w battery or charging issues w the ally.

I did alot of research on this. I have an aly. i used to work in he cell phone industry so i know enough about it. still have friends that work w verizon and lg so i had ppl that could help me. lg has cofirmed there are some batteries out there for the ally and the fathom (they use same batt) that need to be "conditioned" or "trained". you need to drain the battery before you charge it back up the first 10 - 20 times so that you build the batteries memory. the big problem that i had was that the full charge to get the battery to 100% took 10 - 12 hours everytime the first couple weeks.

there also was a post but a guy that gave a few other suggestions that make sense in regards to the cell standby and android 2.1 os.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Apps/Ho...659D9B6C3B705C

When you say "drained," do you mean it has to get down to the point where it actually shuts off?

Quote Originally Posted by theatrenut View Post
    When you say "drained," do you mean it has to get down to the point where it actually shuts off?

Yes, completely drained. On the Mac calibration for instance, I was told it let it drain 5 hours past the point where it says it had 0% left. I'm just wondering if there is some way, any way, to calibrate these batteries to last longer.

I've been using mine more and more often, and lately it has been doing better. When I first got it, it didn't stay charged for long at all. I though something was wrong with it. After leaving it on the charger overnight and then some, and letting it get down to 60-70% on average daily, it has a span of I'd say over a day and a half. I know Lithium batteries like being fully discharged, but I don't like letting it get too much lower than that 'just in case'

Mine has NOT...I have tried the airplane mode fix and the other so-called permanent fix and my time without signal jumped to 100%. Spent an hour on the phone wit tech support and they told me this is NOT a known issue and as long as I can make calls or msgs not to worry about it. Just couldnt get it to sink in that if it is constantly searching for service it is KILLING my battery. Got a number for LG that I am gonna try tomorrow.

In spite of everyone I know telling me that "new" batteries don't have "memory"... I've been stubbornly fully discharging my battery, all the way to the point it shuts itself off, before charging it again. And I've been putting it in airplane mode at night. I've noticed a definite improvement in performance from the first few days. The first night I left it on it had shut itself off by morning, last night it made it a full night through and barely lost any charge. It also feels like it's taking longer, and more effort, to run the battery down. So I'm in agreement with the people that say the battery gets better with age. It just seems to need a little TLC and patience to nurse it into better health than it had rolling out of the factory.

Both my battery life and my charging time have improved a lot recently. I went from about 20% charge to fully charged in less than two hours last night and then from 11PM last night to 11AM today, including leaving it on all night (with sync etc. turned off, though) and listening to music this morning, I've only lost like 25% charge. Compared to my first few days when I was thinking I'd be charging at least once a day if not more, it seems like whatever the initial issue was, it's resolved itself.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links