Is your battery life improving?

This is a discussion on Is your battery life improving? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Haven't really paid much attention until today...fully charged overnight, pulled it off at the dock at 6am....phone was shutting itself down at noon. I was ...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is your battery life improving?

Haven't really paid much attention until today...fully charged overnight, pulled it off at the dock at 6am....phone was shutting itself down at noon. I was in a poor reception area for a few hours, but I'm still pretty disappointed. My cell standby was 41%. I will need to look further into this, as I need a phone to last longer than 6 hours.

pmd
    I have noticed that my battrie got a little better after I shut off the GPS tracking. I was txting for a while today and it lasted good.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    I've had the phone since release day and I still honestly think the battery life improves a little every time I charge it. Just these last few days I've been getting 48+ hours out of the battery, and that has never happened before.

It's definitely a shock the first few days of owning the Ally when it dies in like 6 hours, but it definitely improves.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    I have noticed that my battrie got a little better after I shut off the GPS tracking. I was txting for a while today and it lasted good.

I'm really surprised but am about to hit 48 hours without recharging. I've texted, been on phone calls and checked emails. Not a lot of use, but use. I have tried to follow every recommendation I've read in terms of turning off GPS, bluetooth when not in use and turning off notifications for areas I dont need it. If I was more away from my desk then it would be more in use and die more quickly. I would say that this is pretty good now, but its also the first time, so we'll see if it lasts.

rbw
    Good advice in this thread; useful for new Ally owner. Many thanks.

My Ally is doing some very strange things with regard to battery charging and battery life; not sure if others have seen this behavior:

All night on the AC charger; this morning, the phone was only at 7% charge. Turning the phone off, and then on again seems to have solved this (now at 38% and climbing).

Using Advanced Task Manager, I'm seeing:

• Apps that I never use (Amazon MP3, Socialite, lge Dual Clock, other lge apps, others) showing up on the running apps list; re-appearing after being killed.
    • Services I never use (Bluetooth headset) showing up in running services (and I've got bluetooth is disabled).
    • GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth disabled; Sync enabled for Gmail.

Not doing heavy network things; mostly email, some browsing (no Pandora or other streaming services).

Not much in the way of custom apps: Using LauncherPro for desktop; K-9 for email; nothing else that should stress the battery.

Wonder if others have seen this behavior, or you've got ideas for why/how to fix.

Many thanks.

I got my ally about 3 days ago. The first day heavy use testin it out. 2nd day I nade the mistake of leavibg GPS on all day and the battery was dead by 11am (completly dead). I charged it back up. Next day I drained it to 6% then plugged back in. Today I'm on a long car ride and so far my battery is doing a lot better.. also all of these days iv been using wifi thetering.

Battery life and Android 2.2 are the only things bothering me about the ally.

Actually all the posts I make to this forum are on my ally. Like this one.

Good thread all, thanks for your input.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    I got my ally about 3 days ago. The first day heavy use testin it out. 2nd day I nade the mistake of leavibg GPS on all day and the battery was dead by 11am (completly dead). I charged it back up. Next day I drained it to 6% then plugged back in. Today I'm on a long car ride and so far my battery is doing a lot better..

That's how battery life is going to be the first few days with a new Ally. Mine died within 5 or 6 hours every time I charged it and I thought I was going to hate this phone. It takes the battery a while to fully wake up. It gets better.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Iv seen inprovement. The first few days iv been worried bout my ally with the questionable software update and poor battery but so far its getting better.

I've tried all the workarounds and nothing was helping my battery problem. So, I paid the $45 for the extended battery, which I 've been using since yesterday evening. I had to get the extended battery cover for $5, too.

I'm still seeing up to 97% time with no signal, in the battery usage setting. This morning, I started the day with a 100% charge and it's now 2:30 pm and the extended battery ks down to 38%. I've not used much of the heavy drains at all today, like Pandora or much web surfing.

My signal strength indicator show no bars or one bar all day long, when I 'm at my desk at work. I'm in an office that is in the middle of the building and not near any windows. I wonder if this particular location is just not in a good place to receive a signal, and my poor phone is wasting all it's energy searching for a signal all day long.

Any thoughts?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links