Is your battery life improving?

This is a discussion on Is your battery life improving? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Now it seems I have the 50% error. I tried the work arround. Its not working. Help?...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is your battery life improving?

Now it seems I have the 50% error. I tried the work arround. Its not working. Help?

I just noticed that Verizon has listed the Standby Time for the LG Ally as 500 hours. That would be almost 21 days. Even when I turn everything off and don't use my phone very much it doesn't last that long.
    Motorola Droid 4

I just tried the "Airplane" trick.. At first I thought that it had worked because when I reboted my phone and checked I had only 38% Cell Standby time but now about 1/2 hour later its up to 72%. Before that my cell standby time was always at 50%.....never more and never less. I should note that I am in an excellent reception area. Yesterday I did not use my phone at all and my battery was almost drained after 24 hours. I have had this phone for 3 weeks and I love it but the battery issue is frustrating. I do charge my phone when it really doesnt' need to be charged but that is so I can go away for the day with a full charge. I'm going to try the complete discarge several times like some of you have suggested. If I see any improvement I will let you know.

P.S. I am new to this site. I love it. Hope I am posting correctly.

Odd. I was showing 78% Cell Standby usage untill I made a call to a friend. Now I show only 2% Cell Standy and 98% Android usage. Will keep everyone updated.

Quote Originally Posted by TJOEL View Post
    Odd. I was showing 78% Cell Standby usage untill I made a call to a friend. Now I show only 2% Cell Standy and 98% Android usage. Will keep everyone updated.

I am starting to think that the Cell Standby is not that big of an issue.

When I look at my battery usage within an hour of removing my charger, my Cell Standby is always higher than 80% but my battery life is still 99-100%. As the phone stays off the charger longer, the Cell Standby percent shrinks. At the end of 6 hours it was below 40% and only used up about 3% of my battery.

This was with the CDMA Only setting instead of using the GSM/CDMA setting that was recommended.
    Motorola Droid 4

Thanks Ally............my next step is to try the change over to to CDMA thing that you spoke of. I'm going to wait a couple of days though. To be honest with you I'm a little afraid to try and change such an important setting but this is my first "smart phone" so Im just a little chicken' LOL I do agreee with you though. Im not sure that the cell standby says that much. I'm watching my battery right now and it's still depleting. I'm at 67% now and that's with almost no phone usage since this morning so something else is going on.

I'm definately going to try and let my battery go completly dead tomorrow. Then recarge.........do that a couple of times. One thing though.............we sure arn't getting the 500 hours that LG says we should be getting. If your not using your phone at all then your battery shouldn't be discarging.

TIm

Thanks Ally............my next step is to try the change over to to CDMA thing that you spoke of. I'm going to wait a couple of days though. To be honest with you I'm a little afraid to try and change such an important setting but this is my first "smart phone" so Im just a little chicken' LOL I do agreee with you though. Im not sure that the cell standby says that much. I'm watching my battery right now and it's still depleting. I'm at 67% now and that's with almost no phone usage since this morning so something else is going on.

I'm definately going to try and let my battery go completly dead tomorrow. Then recarge.........do that a couple of times. One thing though.............we sure arn't getting the 500 hours that LG says we should be getting. If your not using your phone at all then your battery shouldn't be discarging.

TIm

I have tried changing the CDMA setting but it doesn't stay changed. Anytime the phone reboots itself or your drain the battery down it resets back to CDMA Only. You have to constantly remember to check it and reset it if it has reverted back to default. It does help lower the Cell Standby but like I said, I don't think that is the problem anymore.

Hopefully the upgrade we are getting soon will solve some of these issues.
    Motorola Droid 4

The upgrade you speak of............is that Android 2.2 from the current 2.1? Another issue I hope will be taken care of with the upgrade is the keboard light time. Mine goes out in about 5 to 10 seconds as I'm sure yours does.

The upgrade you speak of............is that Android 2.2 from the current 2.1? Another issue I hope will be taken care of with the upgrade is the keboard light time. Mine goes out in about 5 to 10 seconds as I'm sure yours does.

No, the upgrade is not Android 2.2. You can find out more here: Android 2.2
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    No, the upgrade is not Android 2.2. You can find out more here: Android 2.2

Thanks...........I checked that link out. When I got up this morning I checked my phone and I am now down to 53% batttery. Went to bed it was at 63% so I only lost 10% which is a great inprovement. Not sure if It was the "airplane" trick or what but Im difinately getting better life.

Keep you and everyone updated if I get anything better.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links