Is your battery life improving?

This is a discussion on Is your battery life improving? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Thanks for you input folks, I think we've learned a lot about the Ally's battery, and how to get the most out of it....

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is your battery life improving?

Thanks for you input folks, I think we've learned a lot about the Ally's battery, and how to get the most out of it.

TGO
    Quote Originally Posted by bks View Post
    Mine has NOT...I have tried the airplane mode fix and the other so-called permanent fix and my time without signal jumped to 100%. Spent an hour on the phone wit tech support and they told me this is NOT a known issue and as long as I can make calls or msgs not to worry about it. Just couldnt get it to sink in that if it is constantly searching for service it is KILLING my battery. Got a number for LG that I am gonna try tomorrow.
    I had a similar experience VERIZON seemed completely oblivious to the issue and after creating a trouble ticket and sending it to the network guys they called and told me I need to buy a cell repeater. Report back if you have luck with LG... I decided I could manage the issue w the airplane mode fix (even though it does not appear to work every time nor does it last till the next boot). I will buy the extended battery before I buy a cell repeater LMAO

I will say that these smart phones are battery eating machines. If I'm on the internet several times a day I have to be carefull not to run the battery down before I can get home. I will say that I have not had any real battery issues since my last post. I got almost 2 1/2 days out of a charge the other day with minumal use on my phone. I don't know if the update that I got a couple of weeks ago did the trick or the "Airplane" trick helped but my battery is not draining over night like it use too. I just can"t figure out that CELL STANDBY thing though. It says that that is the time "without a signal" but I always have a signal. No matter what the Cell Standy says, though my battery is not draining while the phone is idle. These phones have a lot of bugs though. When I take my phone of of the charger it is always stuck in Keyboard Short Cut Mode. I have to "play" with the SEARCH button a little otherwise I can't hit certain keys without taking off to a short cut. Also If I leave my phone sit around for several hours then check it I find that several programs have oppened up in the background while it was idle. NOW THAT CAN DRAIN YOUR BATTERY. I'm always checking, and closing Apps that have oppened themselves up.

OH, AND BY THE WAY. DON'T YOU HATE IT WHEN THE TECHS THAT YOU CALL ACT AS THOUGH THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THEY HAVE EVER HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM. I think that they are told to say that because LG and or Verizon just don't know how to fix the problem. So they pretend to have never heard of it. How could they have never heard of the problem. Dang!!!! There are 10s of thousands of posts on the internet by people who have this problem. LG MUST BE A CLUELESS COMPANY IF THEY NEVER HEARD OF THE PROBLEMS WE TELL THEM ABOUT.

THIS REMINDS ME OF A CAR I HAD ONCE. IT HAD AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM. THE TRUCK THOUGHT I WAS TRYING TO STEEL IT SO IT WOULDN'T START. THE CHEVY DEALERSHIP SAID THEY HAD NEVER SEEN THAT ONE BEFORE BUT I FOUND THAT 100s OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE IN THE U.S. HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND THERE WAS NO FIX. I FINALLY JUNKED THE CAR AND SWORE I WOULD NEVER BY ANOTHER CHEVY. MAYBE IF LG CONTINUES TO PRETEND THAT THEY NEVER HEARD OF OUR PROBLEMS WE MAY NEVER BY ANOTHER LG PRODUCT AGAIN, HUH?

I have to say that I'm fairly happy with my battery life....I'm using pandora at the office and multitasking, internet, 4 email accounts, gps occasionally, playing lots of games, taking lots of photos and last night I was thinking that it seems that my battery is actuallly keeping a charge longer than when I first got the phone...so to answer the question yes I think mine is getting better. I think compared to other smartphones it's probably no better or worse....but compared to the big screen monsters it's probably a little better. So smile if you know someone with an incredible or droid x....I haven't heard but I'm guessing that they are battery eaters...i like the ally and I think it's one of my all time fav phones

--Scoob

I have to say, I was skeptical about the Airplane Mode trick. I tried it several times and it would only work for about a day before cell standby and time without signal jumped back up. Tried it once again three days ago, and ever since, standby time has hovered around 18%, and time searching for signal hasn't gone above 8%. I've been using the phone about the same, maybe even more. Battery life has improved greatly.

Do these batteries really act like gasoline engines, getting better mileage with use?

Everyone seems to think that Glockman. I have to agree. Seems like the battery gets better with time. I'm still not convinced that the Cell Standby time is showing us what we think it is showing us though. My phone always says cell standby at around 50% even after the "Airplane" trick. My battery life is still the same though.......prettty decent considering these phones do a lot. The display alone has got to be a battery hog. The other day, at work I could not use my phone at all and left it in a drawer. When I took it out my battery was almost shot. I'm sure that my phone had been searching for a signal for at least 6 hours but cell standby time did not show that. I just stepped up to a Smart Phone and to tell you the truth........my last phone was an LG Envy 2 and I only had to charge it once a week. Smart phones are just the opposite. We have to accept the fact that they need constant charging.

Anyway......I sure would like to know what Cell Standby is really saying.

WOW!!!! I just noticed that I got a bad rating on my post about Techs and LG and Chevys. Well, I just want to say I'm sorry. I was a over the top on that one and disrepectful to the many people who try and help.To right things (or try and right things) just let me say that I had an LG Envy2 and loved it. Many Techs I have spoken too on the many different products I have owned over the years, have been very nice and done their best to help me and I appoigize to all of the "happy" Chevy owners out there too. For the record I own a Buick Centrury and is a very nice automobile. It's 11 years old and reliable to the 9s. Having said that I think these forums are a wonderful place for people to "vent" and to get answers.

Now if I can just get the answer to the "big" question seems we all have. What does Cell Standby really mean. LOL

And I love my phone. It's my first Smart Phone and as confusing as it can be I will never go back. I love the touch screen and getting better everyday at using it.

while the "battery drain" issue is sort of a nusiance, i still don't think it's enough for me to get rid of the device. i love the phone and what it could do so much that i hardly use my pc anymore.

as long as i have my charger for the car and my other charger that i can use at work and home there should be no problem keeping the phone charged.

btw is it possible to "overcharged these phones"?
    "STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS"

Quote Originally Posted by Venez68 View Post
    while the "battery drain" issue is sort of a nusiance, i still don't think it's enough for me to get rid of the device. i love the phone and what it could do so much that i hardly use my pc anymore.

as long as i have my charger for the car and my other charger that i can use at work and home there should be no problem keeping the phone charged.

btw is it possible to "overcharged these phones"?

No it is not possible to over charge your phone. These types of batteries are call "trickle charge" and they cannot devolop a memory like the batteries we use to have many years ago. Having said that I usually take my phone off the charger when it is done charging just to be safe. You know, you never know what can go wrong when something is plugged in. One thing though........I noticed that my battery life seemed to improve a month or so back because I let it completly drain until the phone shut off. Then I charged it. Now I do this every now and then. Probably my imagination but it seems to help.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links