Is your battery life improving?

This is a discussion on Is your battery life improving? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I don't see the problem with cellstandby. All it is, is when you have the screen off, mine sits at around 95% all the time ...

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is your battery life improving?

I don't see the problem with cellstandby. All it is, is when you have the screen off, mine sits at around 95% all the time because I get a lot of customers at work so when I'm busy its in standby. Time without signal is when the phone is in cell standby and it thinks it can't get signal. Mine doesn't go over 18% and over time it has gone down considerably. I use my phone constantly listening to music, on facebook, texting and playing games. It never goes under 60% and I only charge it every 5 hours and over night so I can just grab and go.

The battery life has jumped a ton since I got the phone and I still use the crap out of it. One thing that will definitely help battery life is getting rid of all the pre-installed apps that I'll never use. I'll root it when I get froyo and its goodbye visual voicemail and amazon crap ( whatever that is)

What bothers me is how the battery drains without even using the phone.

I was fully charged this morning at 6am and by the time i got to work @ 8:30am the phone was already at 95%.

Now i used the phone maybe two times at work today to check a couple of texts and right now at 1:47pm the phone is down to 66%.

auto task manager is killing the apps , most services are not running, wifi + gps are off and i've been in airplane mode.

Is there something i'm overlooking, maybe something running that i'm not noticing?

What services should/should not be running?

"STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS"

Quote Originally Posted by mule65 View Post
    Charged overnight. Off charger at 6am. Used phone more than average. It's 8pm and I'm at 50% which is pretty good, IMHO. Battery seems to be improving each day. Anyone else?

i hate this phone for the battery life...just got back from verizon....not lasting long...im soooo frustrated.

please write me...

at memreez@aol.com

help pleeeeeeez

Quote Originally Posted by memreez View Post
    i hate this phone for the battery life...just got back from verizon....not lasting long...im soooo frustrated.

please write me...

at memreez@aol.com

help pleeeeeeez

Umm memreez, wouldn't it just be easier if someone answered you on the forum? Also, the battery issue is one of the most discussed topics, I would suggest you reading some of the threads and I am sure you will find an answer.
    Motorola Droid 4

I just did a little comparison shopping (Minty did this once before, but I think I pulled the data a little differently). If you're disappointed with the Ally's battery life and you want to exchange it for another Android-platform phone and stay on Verizon, here are your options as of this writing (and in my area; VZW might have other Droid-platform phones available in other areas):

Motorola Devour -- $80
    340 minutes usage
    440 hours standby

1400 mAH battery
    HTC Incredible -- $200
    312 minutes usage
    146 hours standby
    1300 mAH battery
    Motorola Droid X -- $200
    480 minutes usage
    220 hours standby
    1540 mAH battery
    Motorola Droid 2 -- $200
    TBD minutes usage
    TBD hours standby
    1400 mAH batter
    LG Ally -- $50
    450 minutes usage
    500 hours standby
    1500 mAH battery

Yes, my battery life seems to be extended. Sunday, I used the phone intermittently for quick searches, or to check my calendar, and at the end of the day I was still at 90%. That was the first time it was that strong at the end of the day. It could have been I did less than I thought during "couch day" but still...

I was concerned last few days that the battery life was going to be really bad. Iwas fiddeling with settings and monitoring the battery settings etc. I installed app killer in set it to kill when screen shuts off. So far so good. Today been out for 13 hrs and light use left me with 70% and still going.

Quote Originally Posted by Venez68 View Post
    What bothers me is how the battery drains without even using the phone.

I was fully charged this morning at 6am and by the time i got to work @ 8:30am the phone was already at 95%.

Now i used the phone maybe two times at work today to check a couple of texts and right now at 1:47pm the phone is down to 66%.

auto task manager is killing the apps , most services are not running, wifi + gps are off and i've been in airplane mode.

Is there something i'm overlooking, maybe something running that i'm not noticing?

What services should/should not be running?

Some of that is just going to happen. Batteries don't retain perfect charges even if a device is not "on." Also, every time you're killing apps with ATK, the phone is probably restarting some of them because the OS is designed to expect services to be available. It'll manage them fine without a task manager...I ditched my task manager probably six weeks ago and haven't noticed a difference.

Don't get a smartphone for battery life, get it for functionality. If you want battery life, get the basic LG flip...that sucker lasts forever on a charge (my wife has one).

Incidentally, I had the Env3 before I had the Ally, and it *was* hard to get used to not having the several days' battery (even using the music player every day). But I wouldnt' go back, not one bit.

i'm trying draining my battery all the way before charging it. what are some good ways to kill the battery quickly? (other than turning everything in the power control widget on)

Streaming video with sound, keep the display lit.

Some folks still cycle the battery, some don't. Use the Ally to your advantage, charging as needed.

If you need to, go ahead and get the LG extended life battery. It makes a big difference instantly.

I know....cost as much as the phone but.....is it worth it to ya?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links