Is your battery life improving?

This is a discussion on Is your battery life improving? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; i tried youtube...it works well if you wanna keep putting on videos. for anyone else trying to drain the battery use navigation...i had maps running ...

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is your battery life improving?

i tried youtube...it works well if you wanna keep putting on videos. for anyone else trying to drain the battery use navigation...i had maps running with gps all morning and it was working well, navigation worked about 3-4 times faster. i may end up getting the extended life battery depending on how my current battery works in a week or two and what it would cost me.

So here's what I've experienced with my battery after almost a month of using the phone. I charge it all night on my dock, and take it off at about 0700 when I leave for work. By 0930 it's down to about 85-87%. After that, it stays in the 80's until around 1800.

By bedtime, which is about 2200, the phone still has about 30% battery life (according to Battery Gauge). I use my phone pretty heavily throughout the day, and a lot when I get home from work. I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with battery life. Sometimes I have to sit in bed and watch YouTube videos to drain the battery down into the low 20% range before I place it on the dock.

I still have issues. I left mine off the charger last night with Bluetooth, Wi Fi, GPS and Sync turned off, no ATK, and the display was off. I had no calls, emails, or texts. From 11:00 to 6:00, it drained 47%.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by amazinz5 View Post
    i'm trying draining my battery all the way before charging it. what are some good ways to kill the battery quickly? (other than turning everything in the power control widget on)

You don't need to do this expect to recalibrate the gauge meter (show accurate battery percentage) perhaps once a month or bi-monthly.

this ones new...on the unlock screen it says 19% battery life remaining, but when i go into menu-settings-about phone-status it says 8%. has anyone else had this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by amazinz5 View Post
    this ones new...on the unlock screen it says 19% battery life remaining, but when i go into menu-settings-about phone-status it says 8%. has anyone else had this happen?
    I have noticed the 19% whenever I have my alarm set to on...

Some interesting observations about battery life: it doesn't seem to depend on usage anymore. Two days ago I burned my phone up using it. I made four hours worth of phone calls, and searched the internet for long periods of time. I checked my email repeatedly, and composed two songs on Uloop (a cool app, by the way). When I went to bed, I still had a 58% charge.

Yesterday I barely used the phone, making two minutes long phone calls, taking a few pictures, and sending a few texts. When I went to bed, I had only a 19% charge.

Anyone else experience this strange phenomena?

I rooted my phone and installed Velocity .3 on Saturday, and since then the battery life has been doing considerably better. Last night I left it charged and unplugged a bit before going to bed. Normally when doing so then by this time the next morning it'd be down in the 50s, percentage-wise. Right now it's at 79% instead, with GPS and wireless left on all that time.*

Oh, and CityID is gone! Those two things make any future aggravation totally worth it, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman39 View Post
    Some interesting observations about battery life: it doesn't seem to depend on usage anymore. Two days ago I burned my phone up using it. I made four hours worth of phone calls, and searched the internet for long periods of time. I checked my email repeatedly, and composed two songs on Uloop (a cool app, by the way). When I went to bed, I still had a 58% charge.

Yesterday I barely used the phone, making two minutes long phone calls, taking a few pictures, and sending a few texts. When I went to bed, I had only a 19% charge.

Anyone else experience this strange phenomena?

yeah< in fact the main reason I logged onto the forum was to find out if anyone had posted anything about this very thing. I thought maybe it was having installed & played angry birds. After uninstalling though, it's still having major quick drain issues. To make matters worse, I may have a bad connection or something in my micro usb or something because it doesn't seem to want to charge anymore either. After moving charger from the powerstrip I've been using forever to a direct wall plug suddenly it charged right back up again. I don't know what is going on, but I don't like it. As much as I whine about not having 2.2 I love my little Ally & don't want to replace it yet. Keeping my fingers crossed it will go away.
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

since the update to B, my battery life has gotten much worse. i did the factory reset and everything. i still have problems with the 50% bug also. and it seems every time i look, programs i just forced closed are running again. i don't get how people with the same phone, same update can have such different experiences.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links