Is your battery life improving?

This is a discussion on Is your battery life improving? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; i posted the following in the battery life improving thread: that's funny because my phone is going the other way; i've noticed dramatic battery life ...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is your battery life improving?

i posted the following in the battery life improving thread:

that's funny because my phone is going the other way; i've noticed dramatic battery life decrease.

everything was normal after the VB update, but just the last few days i've noticed my battery draining at an alarming rate while not even using the phone.

thought maybe it was some neww apps i downloaded but i've since removed them, rebooted the phone and closed all uneccesary apps and services.

anyone else having a similar issue?

battery recharges quickly with no issues, which i'm doing now.

i'll keep ya's posted on how much it decreases throughout the day.

Was fully charged @ 100% when i left the house this morning. Have not used the phone once today and i'm down to 89% right now and i'm in airplane mode as well.

What the hell happened, why the sudden extreme decrease?

right now the phone idle is at 83%

cell standby @12% (time w/o signal is @ 52%)

display @7%
    "STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS"

Seems a little better today.

I powered off the phone last night before bed too see if that helps.

At 7:18 this morning was at 55% and right now (10:00) after using the phone a few times for texts i am at 46%

Something still seems to be draining it rather quickly though.

Cell Standby @73%

Time w/o signal @55%

Phone Idle @25%

Display @3%

Now mine wont even charge past 12% & dies within five minutes of usage. Calling Verizon, I'm EXTREMELY ANNOYED about this. It started the other day, had been on charger all night and was dead. I assumed it was the power strip I was using, so switched it to the wall. It proceeded to charge fully in record time. Now even while plugged in it intermittently loses contact & restarts constantly as well as occasionally flashing red as if battery is overcharging. I've no idea why,this is happening. Nothing is different about any downloaded apps etc, so I'm at a loss as to what is causing it. Perhaps I just have a bum unit, or it was jostled too much during a emergency stop in my truck. I don't have a car dock & I did have to stop short the other day. I know I wouldn't feel so well if I hit the floorboard as hard as it did then. Oh well, that's why I pay $8/month for insurance I guess.
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

I'm such a dork! I didn't remember having posted about the issues the other day. It's just gotten much worse since then is all.
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I'm such a dork! I didn't remember having posted about the issues the other day. It's just gotten much worse since then is all.

We're pretty much all dorks, aren't we?

I've noticed that just in the last two days, my phone is discharging very quickly after I remove it from the charger. By 0900, it's down to 75%, and that's without even using it.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman39 View Post
    We're pretty much all dorks, aren't we?

I've noticed that just in the last two days, my phone is discharging very quickly after I remove it from the charger. By 0900, it's down to 75%, and that's without even using it.

I get these wild changes in battery life also from day to day (also not using the Ally it is just sitting in standby most of the time)

some days it hardly drains and other days it discharges very quickly, the thing I keep coming back to is not having a lot of trust in the accuracy of the battery readings I am getting from my Ally

I can have a time without a signal around 5% and have my battery run down quickly and with the same exact settings on the phone I can have a TWS of 75% or more and get long life out of the battery, so I have decided to give up trying to figure it out until we hopefully get 2.2 and it will get sorted out

Well battery life seems back to normal; don't know if it has anything to do with me shutting the phone down for the entire night.

I'll just chalk this up as one of the bugs/glitches associated with this device.

OK, so now my phone's battery life is pretty terrible. Take it off the charger at 0730 hours, by 1000 it's down to below 80%. By 1600 it's down to 40%. And by bed time it's dead. That's with very minimal use and not running GPS or WiFi.

Ugh.

I just left mine on last night with WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS all running. Only went down to 96% by 8:00 this morning. But 10 minutes of playing World War and it was down to 80%.

If I don't use my phone for anything, the battery life is excellent. Unfvortunately, I am still an Ally Junkie.
    Motorola Droid 4

I just left mine on last night with WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS all running. Only went down to 96% by 8:00 this morning. But 10 minutes of playing World War and it was down to 80%.

If I don't use my phone for anything, the battery life is excellent. Unfortunately, I am still an Ally Junkie.
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links