Is your battery life improving?

This is a discussion on Is your battery life improving? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Ally Android I just left mine on last night with WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS all running. Only went down to 96% by 8:00 ...

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is your battery life improving?

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I just left mine on last night with WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS all running. Only went down to 96% by 8:00 this morning. But 10 minutes of playing World War and it was down to 80%.

If I don't use my phone for anything, the battery life is excellent. Unfortunately, I am still an Ally Junkie.

Took mine off the charger this morning at 0800 (can't believe my dogs let me sleep that late). Made one phone call, sic text messages, and half an hour of music while working out. It's down to 30% already. It was doing great until I downloaded Vlingo, but I don't run Vlingo that much. In fact, I haven't used it at all today.

Getting pretty PO'd about this battery thing. I guess I'll just have to start plugging it in while I'm sitting at my desk at work.

I usually leave mine plugged in at work, in the car, and at home just so I don't have to deal with it.
    Motorola Droid 4

I usually leave mine plugged in at work, in the car, and at home just so I don't have to deal with it.

Yeah, I've been doing that since the last post, and it seems to be ok. I've always been worried about battery memory, but I think your suggestion is best for me since I'm at my desk a good bit, and at home I an just plug it in if I need to.

My battery seems to be draining quickly again.

Just curious to know if the battery levels jump around as much with the extended battery installed.
    "STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS"

yea it may just be in my head but my battery life was starting to be really really great and i feel like the last couple days it was really weak. i could have just been expecting too much out of it.

Ok so this may just be coincidence or not but that last few times my battery has drained rapidly was after app downloads.

So last week i downloaded two apps and soon after noticed rapid battery drain. The next day I uninstalled both apps and powered down the phone before bed. Next day battery levels were steady all day; no rapid decrease.

Two days ago i downloaded another app and noticed slow response time on the device (which i know some apps can do) and the rapid battery drain again. So i uninstalled the app, powered down for the night and today the battery level has been holding steady with light use throughout the day.

what do ya's think?
    "STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS"

My wife's battery life is horrible.

We figured out the cause. Whenever she makes a phone call, under her battery usage, it lists Android OS as taking up 70% of her battery. A reboot fixes it, but it comes right back when she makes a call again.

The phone is currently at the Verizon store (which means nothing will get done), first thing they looked for was a task killer (a task killer isn't going to kill the core OS).

Anyone have any idea as to what could be causing Android OS to take up to 70% of the battery after making a phone call.

edit

Just got the phone back from Verizon and they blamed it on the battery. We'll see how long it takes until it messes up again. I did like how they said Anti-virus apps are bad, but then pitch Lookout Mobile in their commercials (morons).

Just noticed the other day looking thru the book that LG says NOT to use the phone when plugged in to a charger due to possible shorting issues...Just thought I'd put that out there. Also I wanted to say that over the last 2 weeks I have not used my taskkiller at all and my battery performance has been the same (24-32 hours) as when I was using it...I had it set to auto-kill crazy wit screen off...now I only turn it on if the phone gets sluggish to kill and then back off. Differant strokes for differant folks I guess...Just gotta find what works best 4 you.

Quote Originally Posted by bks View Post
    Just noticed the other day looking thru the book that LG says NOT to use the phone when plugged in to a charger due to possible shorting issues...Just thought I'd put that out there. Also I wanted to say that over the last 2 weeks I have not used my taskkiller at all and my battery performance has been the same (24-32 hours) as when I was using it...I had it set to auto-kill crazy wit screen off...now I only turn it on if the phone gets sluggish to kill and then back off. Differant strokes for differant folks I guess...Just gotta find what works best 4 you.

At work, I have the Docking Station and in my car, I have the Navigation Mount. Both of which were designed to use the phone while plugged in. But it doesn't surprise me that there is a warning.

I also only use the ATK when the phone gets sluggish plus I use it whenever the phone reboots. I do not use it for battery life.
    Motorola Droid 4

I looked it up...It says not to do voice calls but nothing about anything else which doesn't make sense either...O well LOL I still use mine even plugged in

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links