Is your battery life improving?

This is a discussion on Is your battery life improving? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Charged overnight. Off charger at 6am. Used phone more than average. It's 8pm and I'm at 50% which is pretty good, IMHO. Battery seems to ...

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is your battery life improving?

Charged overnight. Off charger at 6am. Used phone more than average. It's 8pm and I'm at 50% which is pretty good, IMHO. Battery seems to be improving each day. Anyone else?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well mine is getting better as I'm not playing with it every few seconds now, hahaha.

I took mine golfing yesterday leaving the gps on for a 2.5 hours, listening to music for an hour or so, along with mixed internet and handset use. I still had 20% battery life after using it all day pretty hard. Today I've been at my office so I have only talked on it about 1 hour and it is at 90% battery life. I'm very impressed. However, I did just come off a old flip phone that could go with only being recharged once every 5 days...but the benefits of a smart phone leave the battery life a small price to pay.

Also compared to the iphone, I can just buy an extra battery, charge up my stock one, and keep it around for an emergency.
    slp101 likes this.

I'll 2nd turbine in that I'm not playing with the phone constantly, so the battery is lasting longer than it did the first week. I also decided to turn off the GPS & Bluetooth unless I'm actually using them, and that improved battery life as well (turn off WiFi and it'll help even more).

I am constantly playing on my Ally so my battery life is

however, I just got the cradle for it and now it doesn't drain overnight when I am sleeping which was a problem because I would fall asleep and forget to turn off wifi 3g and gps and wake up to a dead phone...

I highly recommend the cradle to all Ally owners.

I do not understand the battery in this phone.... You read these reviews and think to yourself, that cant be right?! People say that the phone starts and dies really quick the first few days, and tehn gets better as time goes on! How can this be?! LOL. My first day with it i had it plugged in at work while i played with it, but on the ride home it went from full battery to 50% in about an hour. At that point i was pretty upset about it. The next day i went to the beach and on the way to the beach the phone was full, then after about a 45 minute drive it was down to 25%. At this point I hated the phone and was ready to bring it back. Keep in mind that i had the gps, bluetooth, and wifi off from the moment i got the phone. Now almost 3 weeks later, the phone almost lasts all day. I only have more stuff on the phone now than i did before... I dont understand it, but the LG Ally's battery gets better with time...

slp101 likes this.

I have noticed the same behavior with other phones and I think that's because the new battery has to cycle a few times to reach full capacity. Remember, they always had a note to "charge battery fully before first use" along with rechargable stuff. I think it's kinda like the new battery needs to stretch it's muscles a few times before reaching full capacity. I still let the battery drain, then charge fully on my stuff.

I don't know if this is true, just my own observation.

My battery life has been outstanding. In fact I have only charged it once in 3 days and it did not even need it. I still had 40% charge left. Now I should mention that I have autosync and gps turned off (only turn gps on when I need it). My screen brightness is set to minimum (it is still plenty bright) and I always turn off the screen when I'm done using it.

I have spent lots of time playing with the phone and making calls so it's not like it just sat there, but for whatever reason my battery life has been ridiculously long. I can see me easily making it 2 or 3 days on a full charge at this rate.

For more tips about conserving the battery, see this thread...My link

Others might have additional tips.

My battery life continues to stay horrible

Your bad battery life might be due to the "Cell Standby" power-drain problem / issue / bug, which seems to have picked up the name "the 50% bug"

Check the main-screen->settings->about-phone->battery use->Cell standby ... if it's higher than Display, you probably have excess power-drain from your phone trying desperately to re-attach to your nearest tower.

To tell for certain, touch "Cell standby", it will show details for the battery usage by the cell radio .. look for the line "Time without a signal" ...

The consensus seems to be that if your Time-without-a-signal is over 50% this is buggy / computationally-insane behaviour ... I would actually say that if this is honest, if you are in a high-signal area, you shold have this close to 0 ... but the web-link below indicates that there is a known Android 2.1 logic bug here ... and to take action if you are getting not just bad but apallingly-bad numbers, i.e. over 50%

I just checked mine and found it at at an astonishingly high 93% ... ouch

Interestingly, if I am partially understanding this correctly, the "50% bug" seems to be that it forgets that it is already attached to a tower and decides to do desperately hunt for a tower anyway ...

A simple solution, which may be non-permanent:

"check in the battery information screen showed that a process called Cell Standby was the culprit. In most cases the phone showed that it was without a signal 50% of the time. In some cases it was around 70-80. A quick trip into Airplane mode for a few minutes, followed by a reboot seemed to be a generally accepted workaround if you are experiencing this issue."

=-=-=

Put it on airplane mode. Turn off the phone and turn it back on than turn off airplane mode. Turning on airplane and turning it off in like 3min does it as well

For a may-be-permanent, see the first post at

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Android...ll/td-p/210586

Your Time-without-a-signal count is a time-accumulator ... I don't know whether it is a % of the last N hours without signal or a % ever without signal, but my guess is that it is fir former, and likely % of the last 24 hours without signal. If I'm correct in that, after the N (24?) hours have passed after a successful fix, your time without a signal percentage should stop towards or to 0.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links