How long does it take your battery to charge?

This is a discussion on How long does it take your battery to charge? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; iPad usb wall adapter charges only at 500mA and about 4watts. Which is weird because the pad pulls 1A and 13 watts....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take your battery to charge?

iPad usb wall adapter charges only at 500mA and about 4watts. Which is weird because the pad pulls 1A and 13 watts.

I'm having a problem with mine. Although fully charged the night before, the phone was dead when I got up this morning. Already read in other forums that that might be normal the first time you charge it (got the phone yesterday) and already changed some of the setting to avoid that (Like switching the phone off completely when going to bed!). But I have been charging it since 8:30AM and its almost 2PM and I'm only at 48%. Something seems really wrong. Any ideas? Might the battery be bad? Everything has been switched off, even put it to Airplane Mode. HELP!!!!!

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDirector View Post
    I'm having a problem with mine. Although fully charged the night before, the phone was dead when I got up this morning. Already read in other forums that that might be normal the first time you charge it (got the phone yesterday) and already changed some of the setting to avoid that (Like switching the phone off completely when going to bed!). But I have been charging it since 8:30AM and its almost 2PM and I'm only at 48%. Something seems really wrong. Any ideas? Might the battery be bad? Everything has been switched off, even put it to Airplane Mode. HELP!!!!!

Just give it a few days. Battery life is terrible until it discharges and recharges a couple times. Also try getting the app called Advanced Task Killer to stop the phone from running programs that you aren't even using. Also in the phone info menu, check your battery usage and under standby time, see how long it says "time without signal". There is a problem with these phones where it can be without a signal for 50% + and this kills the battery because the phone is hunting for a signal.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalbuick View Post
    Just give it a few days. Battery life is terrible until it discharges and recharges a couple times. Also try getting the app called Advanced Task Killer to stop the phone from running programs that you aren't even using. Also in the phone info menu, check your battery usage and under standby time, see how long it says "time without signal". There is a problem with these phones where it can be without a signal for 50% + and this kills the battery because the phone is hunting for a signal.

My EnV Touch was the same in the beginning - it took quite a few battery cycles for the battery to start really holding a charge - so I'n kind of expecting the same thing from my new Ally -- but I do have a question from your quote above....what exactly is this 'time withou signal'? -- because I see mine's at 55% for the day....is that PHONE signal...as in how many "bars" were available at any give time? I have wifi turned off...so I assume its not that.

lg has cofirmed there are some batteries out there for the ally and the fathom (they use same batt) that need to be "conditioned" or "trained". you need to drain the battery before you charge it back up the first 10 - 20 times so that you build the batteries memory. there also was a post but a guy that gave a few other suggestions that make sense in regards to the cell standby and android 2.1 os. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Apps/Ho...659D9B6C3B705C

hope this helps

It's getting faster and faster on mine. Charged from 20% to full in about 2hr. last night. Early on, that was an all-night process.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzysMom View Post
    My EnV Touch was the same in the beginning - it took quite a few battery cycles for the battery to start really holding a charge - so I'n kind of expecting the same thing from my new Ally -- but I do have a question from your quote above....what exactly is this 'time withou signal'? -- because I see mine's at 55% for the day....is that PHONE signal...as in how many "bars" were available at any give time? I have wifi turned off...so I assume its not that.

I never had any issues with my enV Touch but it had one of the worst browsers I have ever used.

The Time Without Signal is the percentage of your Cell Standby usage. IE: If you Cell Standby usage is 50% and your Time Without Signal is 75% that means that 75% of the 50% your phone was without a signal and trying to locate one. However, there is a bug with the system that causes the Time Without Signal to be worse than it should be.
    Motorola Droid 4

I was having the same issues when I got my phone about 6 days ago. It seems to be getting a little better. With my old phone, the EnV3, I had the same issues when i first got the phone. It would take hours and hours to charge and the battery would never last very long. But as time went on it got a lot better. Eventually i would only have to charge my phone once a day usually at night before bed. i'm really hoping that same thing is gonna happen with this phone. I have found that it does help it to charge faster if you do turn it on airplane mode when charging and turn the screen off. I also installed the advanced task killer app which seems to be helping a little bit with the battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by AJKinthaD View Post
    lg has cofirmed there are some batteries out there for the ally and the fathom (they use same batt) that need to be "conditioned" or "trained". you need to drain the battery before you charge it back up the first 10 - 20 times so that you build the batteries memory. there also was a post but a guy that gave a few other suggestions that make sense in regards to the cell standby and android 2.1 os. http://forums.verizo...5659D9B6C3B705C

hope this helps

Hello...ready this page...I was under the impression "battery memory" ended with NiCad Batteries...am I mistaken in this thought?

Hello...been reading A LOT on this thread and the battery life thread. Anything you can imagine, I've done...turned off wifi, bluetooth, syncing, background. Went into running services, killed that off. Turned screen brightness all the way down, have the screen turning off 15 seconds. Looked into the Android 2.x Bug with the 50% signal situation, don't have that problem. I FULLY charged my phone last night, talked with a friend for 45 minutes, used advanced task killer and shut everything down, and by morning, battery was 25%. I have NO clue what to do now. This isn't my first smart phone (No offense or disrespect to those of us who are new to this market), so I have a decent idea of what I'm doing. Anyone have anything they'd kindly share to shed light on my issues? Thanks all!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links