How long does it take your battery to charge?

This is a discussion on How long does it take your battery to charge? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by NJScreenwriter Hello...been reading A LOT on this thread and the battery life thread. Anything you can imagine, I've done...turned off wifi, bluetooth, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How long does it take your battery to charge?

Quote Originally Posted by NJScreenwriter View Post
    Hello...been reading A LOT on this thread and the battery life thread. Anything you can imagine, I've done...turned off wifi, bluetooth, syncing, background. Went into running services, killed that off. Turned screen brightness all the way down, have the screen turning off 15 seconds. Looked into the Android 2.x Bug with the 50% signal situation, don't have that problem. I FULLY charged my phone last night, talked with a friend for 45 minutes, used advanced task killer and shut everything down, and by morning, battery was 25%. I have NO clue what to do now. This isn't my first smart phone (No offense or disrespect to those of us who are new to this market), so I have a decent idea of what I'm doing. Anyone have anything they'd kindly share to shed light on my issues? Thanks all!

Well, what does your phone status say is using your battery? If you have a weak signal then the phone expends a lot of effort working to improve it. I would try airplane mode overnight to see if it helps. I also found a free program called SystemPanel helpful. I resorted to charging every night.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I just got my phone and was doing my first charge and like you, it took about an hour just to get through the first 15%. I then decided to take a walk so I put my phone on silent mode and airplane mode and also turned the screen off. When I got back from my walk about an hour later, it had charged all the way up to 45%. That's twice as much charge as the first hour. Don't know which one had more of an impact, but obviously by switching to airplane mode and turning the screen off, the phone wasn't using battery power while it was trying to charge so it was able to charge quicker. Try those two things and see if you have any better luck.

How do I put it on airplane mode?

Hi Lyuba! The answers to many questions are here in the forums, and also in the phones manual,.... http://www.lgallyfor...allys-features/

Quote Originally Posted by raha78 View Post
    I'm having this same problem. I even bought a car charger for it and the car charger charges very slow

I also cannot charge it when it is turned off. It automatically turns the phone on when I plug it in. If I turn the phone off while charging, it automatically comes back on

Hello raha78,

I need a Smartphone with the functionallity (If I turn the phone off while charging, it automatically comes back on) and with Android OS.

Can you tell me which smarthphone you have.

Which Android OS Version have it?

I hope you can help me

Quote Originally Posted by passchroed View Post
    Hello raha78,

I need a Smartphone with the functionallity (If I turn the phone off while charging, it automatically comes back on) and with Android OS.

Can you tell me which smarthphone you have.

Which Android OS Version have it?

I hope you can help me

Umm, that would be the LG Ally.
    Motorola Droid 4

Thanks, okay the LG Ally with which firmware?

It is currently running Android 2.2 but it doesn't come with that version. All versions have been the same as far as the phone will not stay off when on a charger.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    It is currently running Android 2.2 but it doesn't come with that version. All versions have been the same as far as the phone will not stay off when on a charger.
    It is my understanding that this is be design. The phone is ON when it is charging - even if you turn it off before you plug it in...it will turn itself on. It is on purpose (thought I have NO IDEA WHY....)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links