sorry lg...

This is a discussion on sorry lg... within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Dolfan0925 I think the problem is, the spirit of this forum is to help people progress with their phones, to learn. Joe ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sorry lg...

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan0925 View Post
    I think the problem is, the spirit of this forum is to help people progress with their phones, to learn.

Joe just mentioned that his phone works fine. Mine works fine. Other people's phones work fine. Then you needed to respond with a personal attack on him. There are plenty of forums out there for you to attack people. You should visit those.

If you go back and check other posts, I'm not the one who issued the personal attack first, that would have been Joe. He not only drew first blood so to speak, he followed me to another thread, and did it again.

And was his post to the initial poster on this thread not out of line at all? He didn't just mention that his worked fine, he did it in such a way as to try to belittle the initial poster message. I guess it's ok to do that if it's someone who won't be using an Ally, or returned theirs, hmm?

I'll definitely have to admit that my initial post to him on this thread was more a poke than anything (and I should have put the requisite or 's on there to show it). I guess you could call it a Troll post, which I rarely, if ever do .

If you look at my other posts, I also try to help out where I can, and I've posted in the past few days that I still think this phone has the potential to be the best bang for your buck phone (especially when they get 2.2 out, and exchange fixed) for non-power users.

Actually, my inital post was in defense of LG and the notion that their testing was bad. Frankly, I don't care what the original poster chooses to do so I would never belittle him. It's his money and he can get whatever phone he wants to, especially if he is having problems with his Ally. What I do care about is when people post false information and that is what I was responding too. There are enough people here and elsewhere who's Ally's work fine so stating that LG has testing problems is just false and inaccurate information.

And yes, I did mention that I would be interested in a Droid 2, but I also mentioned that I would only be interested in it if it was the same price as the Ally and if it came out before my 30 day exchange was up. And why wouldn't I be. It would be a faster unit at the same price so i'd be stupid not too consider it. But it if costs more than there is no way i'd part with my Ally.

To conecraft:

I am sorry you had such bad luck with your Ally. I hope you have better luck with your Driod.
    Motorola Droid 4

I'm sure all the folks posting under this topic know that LG produces state of the art cellphones that sell by the millions all over the world.

So does Motorola,...and HTC. It's just finding the phone you like best. There's folks with pay-as-you-go simple phones they just talk and text with. Then there's folks that buy the newest device each 6 months. New model phones usually do have a issue or two, sometimes they get resolved in a timely manner, sometimes they never do get everything ironed out. It's just the nature of the beast. Do you think the new Motorola Droid-X is going to be flawless?...or the new BlackBerry Bold? From what I understand, the Droid-X will be released with 2.1 installed to be OTA updated soon. Should you wait for 2.2?...get one now anyway and deal with the 2.1 issues? How about one member, forget all the smartphone crap and get a good, trouble free, easy to use, long battery life multimedia phone. Do you really need 36 apps on a cellphone? Do you mind charging every other day? Do you have to have a qwerty keyboard? Do you really need to sync 6 different email accounts? Do you really need to put 814 songs on a phone?

The point is, get the phone that best fits your needs and budget. Might it have some issues?...probably. That's why forums like this exsist. That's why you guys come here. And with over 450 members, sometimes the discussions get a little heated, but just like our phones, it's just the nature of the beast. Heff, Joe, you guys are both good members here and I hope you both continue leaving helpful postings. And if ya don't,....I'll boot ya off the site for a day.

Of course I'm just kidding.. lol..... But JD did ban some guy last week...picked a really tacky username.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Do you really need 36 apps on a cellphone? Do you mind charging every other day? Do you have to have a qwerty keyboard? Do you really need to sync 6 different email accounts? Do you really need to put 814 songs on a phone?

The point is, get the phone that best fits your needs and budget.

You can never have enough apps! I also have three chargers: a standard charger for home, a cradle charger for work, and a mobile charger for the car. I don't have to worry too much about the battery going dead all the time but I am still testing to see if I can improve battery life.

For me, it was about price and having a QWERTY keyboard. The Incredible costs 4x as much as the Ally but in my opinion it is not 4x as good and it doesn't have a physical keyboard.
    Motorola Droid 4

i love my Ally

I have zero issues with it. I also have a friend w a flawless iphone 4g, and yet there are forums teeming with complaints from other iphone owners about the antennae and dropped calls and it's the most expensive paperweight they ever bought....

Since these things are massed produced and the pressure to make the latest and greatest is constant, of course there will be *bad batches* - in a way, it really is a crapshoot.

I have had my Ally for about 1 1/2 weeks. At times it runs perfect & other times it lags or freezes. I love LG phones & the qwerty is a must. I also have an iPod touch & I used that as my crutch until LG finally came out with a smart phone. Now it's here. I guess I'll go by VZW & see if they'll swap it out. Hate to do it & have to re-download all my apps.

I've decided to hold on to my Ally for the time being and see how it pans out. I like the form factor a lot better than the droid. I just pray LG gets a software update out.

I get a couple force closes/power downs a week but it's acceptable to me.

Tried a friend's Droid - hated it. He hates it. And they have the Droid 2 coming out soon. Not sure if that was the best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    The Incredible costs 4x as much as the Ally but in my opinion it is not 4x as good and it doesn't have a physical keyboard.

The cost is not 4x when you include the outrageous $720 for two years worth of data plan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links