sorry lg...

This is a discussion on sorry lg... within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by will123w BTW looks like we will have Root access in just a few more days http://androidforums...ant-root-2.html hellz yea! and i think we ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sorry lg...

Quote Originally Posted by will123w View Post
    BTW looks like we will have Root access in just a few more days http://androidforums...ant-root-2.html

hellz yea! and i think we haven't seen an update to fix the speed or lag b/c they are working on the 2.2 update what is the point to fix 2.1 if there going to put 2.2 sometime soon that would just slow them down .

Quote Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
    You have to pay that with the other phones as well, so how does that figure in?

The required two year data plan contract costs should be included when comparing owning Ally to HTC Inc:

• Ally = $30 * 24mo + $50 = $770 = $32.08mo
    • HTC Inc = $30 * 24mo + $200 = $920 = $38.33mo

The HTC Inc costs $6.25 per month more than the Ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Hackers have ruined thousands of phones making them work better.

Thousands?!

I bet you couldn't find 10.

Quote Originally Posted by mule65 View Post
    The required two year data plan contract costs should be included when comparing owning Ally to HTC Inc:

• Ally = * 24mo + = 0 = .08mo
    • HTC Inc = * 24mo + 0 = 0 = .33mo

The HTC Inc costs .25 per month more than the Ally.

I didn't realize you can make installment payments over two years...

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland View Post
    I didn't realize you can make installment payments over two years...

You can't make installment payments for the phone. He is referring to the data plan that you have to get when you get the phone which is not relevant since the data plan is the same for all Androids (or other smart phone). Regardless of which smart phone you get, you have to pay an extra $30 for 24 months which equals $720. So I stand by my earlier statement, the Incredible costs 4x as much as the Ally. ($50 * 4 = $200) If I was comparing a non smartphone to the Ally, I would add the data plan to my numbers since then it would be relevant.
    Motorola Droid 4

The plan costs don't really enter into it, just like the above posters mentioned (unless like on the blackberries, the data planes for the business version are more, and you were required to get the more expensive plan for the Inc). If you really get down to it, take the retail price for each phone, and subtract the Ally's cost from the Inc's cost. You end up paying 160$ more for the inc than you do the Ally. If you get them with a 2 year contract (WITHOUT any online discounts), you pay 150 more for the Inc (same with the online discounts also).

Are you getting 3x the phone with the Inc than the Ally, that's really hard to say. For most people, the Ally will probably be sufficient for their daily use (battery longevity aside anyway). For power users, do yourself a favor and go ahead and get the Inc. If you require a hardware keyboard, the Ally again (I still think it's a better choice than the Droid/Devour, especially now that root has been achieved, and the modding possibilities are there).

If your going to use your phone as a GPS system in your car, as of right now I'll have to side with the Ally, as it has the automatic car-home feature when using a properly equipped mount. The Inc doesn't (and I'll definitely miss that, the Inc doesn't support that automatic feature).

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, for the budget minded, the Ally is the best bang-for-your-buck you'll find in Verizon's current Android lineup. The other low-cost alternative (Moto Devour) doesn't hold a candle to it.

Try going from a full-touch device like the Ally, back to a non-touch device like a BB Tour, now THAT is painful, lol. I will be shocked if I don't break the screen on my Tour before my Inc comes in, lol. And it looks like they have pushed the latest delivery dates back to 7/25. At this point you'd be better of (gasp), ordering a DroidX if you haven't ordered the Inc yet... But I'm betting you can order a Ally today, and have it tomorrow every day of the week now...

Hi all, this topic is meandering and will soon be closed. There are links here that give you the latest scoop on rooting.

If you guys want to start a discusion about rooting, or continue this one, you're sure welcome to. I think you guys know I advise against it, but it's your phone, and I can understand your curiousity. But I think we can all agree that you need to clearly understand this procedure before you attempt it. You guys might even start something like this over in tutorials,(just a thought).

Heff,..AA...marcus...and some of the other members have the skills to write very easy to understand postings and threads, these folks leave top-notch information here, in fact.....take a look at the number of views their postings get, and remember, many, many more folks never become a member, they just come here to read, and benefit off the work of our members." Views" is just how many members have clicked on it. Take a look at Intri's review, more than 1000 views and growing. Heff's accessory reviews are always gettin clicked on.

Hey wait,...I'm meandering. But I think all of you "catch my drift".

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    You can't make installment payments for the phone. He is referring to the data plan that you have to get when you get the phone which is not relevant since the data plan is the same for all Androids (or other smart phone). Regardless of which smart phone you get, you have to pay an extra for 24 months which equals 0. So I stand by my earlier statement, the Incredible costs 4x as much as the Ally. ( * 4 = 0) If I was comparing a non smartphone to the Ally, I would add the data plan to my numbers since then it would be relevant.

It was sarcasm.

I can't believe how many are having problems with battery life. I charged mine all day on Friday and didn't charge it again till Monday when I got in the office. Left GPS running for 6 hr trip (12 hrs total) and did my usual talk/text amount and still had ~35% by the time Monday rolled around.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links