sorry lg...

This is a discussion on sorry lg... within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Well.. after two frustrating weeks with the Ally... I have exchanged it for the Droid. My first Ally froze up 2-3 times a day... exchanged ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sorry lg...

Well.. after two frustrating weeks with the Ally... I have exchanged it for the Droid. My first Ally froze up 2-3 times a day... exchanged it for a new one... same problem and more. I have no idea how much corporate time I have wasted during that time farting around wit them. 4 trips to the Verizon store.. frustration. .. etc. I liked everything about the Ally... except the performance. So I swapped for my second choose.. the Droid. Best decision I have made. Absolutely no problems with the Droid. LG needs to improve it's testing before releasing it's product. Sorry...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Gee, and i've had my Ally for a month and it's never froze or forced closed on me. Seems LG's testing is just fine.

I made the same choice (switched from the Ally), but to the Incredible. I think you'll be happy with the new phone, just ignore Joe, he's trying to make himself feel better with his purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by conecraft View Post
    Well.. after two frustrating weeks with the Ally... I have exchanged it for the Droid. My first Ally froze up 2-3 times a day... exchanged it for a new one... same problem and more. I have no idea how much corporate time I have wasted during that time farting around wit them. 4 trips to the Verizon store.. frustration. .. etc. I liked everything about the Ally... except the performance. So I swapped for my second choose.. the Droid. Best decision I have made. Absolutely no problems with the Droid. LG needs to improve it's testing before releasing it's product. Sorry...

I don't think it's the processor or anything. I think the phone has some major software issues though. I was hoping for a software update by now but no luck. It took my wife's ally 47 seconds to go from the gallery screen to the home screen after pressing the home button. I'm sorry but that's unacceptable. It's wierd because sometimes the phone is really fast, and then other times it's sooooo slooooow.

I just got back in town from my vacation and I'm going to the verizon store tomorrow to see what my options are. Hoping to go to the droid or droid x.

I've never had any issues. Only force close that I get occasionally is Launcher Pro. I have a hard time believing some Allys run crappy and some don't. Prolly more user error. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
    I made the same choice (switched from the Ally), but to the Incredible. I think you'll be happy with the new phone, just ignore Joe, he's trying to make himself feel better with his purchase.

I'm sorry heffe, this is an Ally forum. Shouldn't you be hanging out at the Inc forum.

And as for my happiness, thanks for your concern, but who's the one trying to make himself feel better by coming to a forum for a phone he doesn't even own and ragging on it all the time. Like I said, mine works and has worked perfectly. If you were unable to learn how to use yours properly, don't blame the phone. And if you were too stupid to do a little research before you bought the phone, then you would have already known it wasn't a power phone instead of buying it and than crying about how slow it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I'm sorry heffe, this is an Ally forum. Shouldn't you be hanging out at the Inc forum.

And as for my happiness, thanks for your concern, but who's the one trying to make himself feel better by coming to a forum for a phone he doesn't even own and ragging on it all the time. Like I said, mine works and has worked perfectly. If you were unable to learn how to use yours properly, don't blame the phone. And if you were too stupid to do a little research before you bought the phone, then you would have already known it wasn't a power phone instead of buying it and than crying about how slow it was.

I did quite a bit of research... I knew that there was a potential problem/s w the Ally... but really liked the phone so I was willing to take my chances. These problems are phone based... not user based. I think there are some Sally's that weren't made on Monday morning or Friday afternoon... but a bunch of them are giving LG fits. If you got one that is working good... consider yourself lucky... and play the lottery..

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post

If you go back and look at my previous posts, it wasn't just the speed, it was the overheating that really pushed me off the phone. Getting hot enough to push warnings on the screen about removing the battery when it's just sitting on the table isn't good. Wasn't running anything except mail sync at the time either.

I'm also not ragging on the phone all the time, I've done what I can to help with rooting it, as I still think that will push this phones value up. Froyo on the Ally would definitely be a huge plus.

My reasoning for choosing the Ally over the other phones at the time was simple. I've never liked the look of the original Droid, size nor the keyboard, and I loath Motorola phones I've had in the past. A hard keyboard was, at the time, a requirement for me (coming from a Blackberry) as I thought I'd not really like a touch-screen interface for typing. The incredible didn't have a hard keyboard, but the Ally did. I've since found that typing on a decent touch-screen keyboard isn't too bad, and swype makes things much easier as well. I had problems with my Ally (and I've never said that it was definitely ALL Ally's that had the problem, but I wasn't willing to take that chance), and after a rather lengthy discussion with my corp. rep, she recommended that I send the Ally back, and go ahead and get the Incredible.

I'm guessing what you're saying is, if you don't have an Ally, or you have any complaints about the phone, just get out. Now, I'm not 100% sure about this (I can't remember when he said his NE2 was up), but you do know your moderator doesn't have an Ally yet either (and Minty, don't take that the wrong way, I'm just trying to prove a point)? Guess that means he should be somewhere else as well?

The really funny thing is, you yourself have expressed a desire to possibly switch out your perfectly working Ally for a Droid 2, guess YOU should be leaving here as well then. It also looks like the main reason you'd stick with the Ally is price (as you're not interested in a 200$ phone), and that the Ally is good enough.

To the original poster, you should have a good experience on the original Droid, it's been out long enough for any potential problems to have been uncovered, and it has a large following in the 3rd party add-on department (as well as a thriving root/rom community).

Quote Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
    bla bla bla bla bla bla

I think the problem is, the spirit of this forum is to help people progress with their phones, to learn.

Joe just mentioned that his phone works fine. Mine works fine. Other people's phones work fine. Then you needed to respond with a personal attack on him. There are plenty of forums out there for you to attack people. You should visit those.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links