Phone Number 2, fingers crossed

This is a discussion on Phone Number 2, fingers crossed within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I have to say its reassuring to read so many posts and so few of you are having major problems with your phone. As I ...

Thread: Phone Number 2, fingers crossed

I have to say its reassuring to read so many posts and so few of you are having major problems with your phone. As I posted on the intro Thread, I started having problems with in the first couple hours of having the phone. When the tech guys at best buy said they'd never seen the issues I was having they offered a reset or a new phone and I opted for the new phone. I called and its there so I am going to pick up the new one tonight (they were supposed to call me....) But before I do, I wanted to put down the issues I am having and maybe somebody can figure it out, or maybe it will just help when I get the new phone for comparison. I really love this phone, I've been working around the issues while waiting for the new one and I am in love, but...... I will give it up if I start having the same problems so here we go.

1) New contacts get added to outer space:

I tried multiple times to simply add a new contact, I am no dummy, I should be able to do this! I even read the Instructions So after adding 1 person 3 times, they did not show up on my contact list, but did show up in my call log, hum... then I tried to add a different person who still did not show up in contacts, but instead in the log, under the name of the first person? Go in to edit that person and the number is not there. Very basic thing that a phone should be able to do whether its a smart phone or not

2)Touch screen not responding to 50% of what I do. Thank goodness for keyboard. I do have a screen protector, I may try a different kind on the new phone or go with none at all.

3)Screen won't auto rotate properly. At first it was fine, then suddenly it only worked if I slid out the keyboard, now I am lucky if it switches after fidgeting with it a bunch, turning it, opening and shutting the keyboard- ugg!

4) Auto Sync not working at all: I don't have an app Killer installed (unless it came with one installed?) I have all the autosync boxes checked off for my G-mail, Calender, and contacts. I have all of my work email forwarded to my g-mail account and I spend a lot off my time emailing back and forth from my desk top. At first I thought the notifications just weren't working right, but alas, everything is forwarding to my G-mail properly, in fact I can see it there before my Thunderbird notifies me about it, it just doesn't sync with the phone. If I go in and un-check then re-check the box it will sync, but that's not an auto sync at that point now is it?

5)Pandora forces close every time I try to switch stations, not sure if this is a phone or Pandora issue.

6) Random calls show up in my call log- did I really call that person? I don't even like that person, I would delete that person except we are related. Why are there 3 outgoing calls to them? I am NOT BUTT DIALING- I have been cautious about waiting until the lock comes up before stowing it away. (BTW, is there a way to manually lock the screen?) Also the browser screen keeps popping up with oddball searches- what the Hey?

So besides the above, I really do love the phone, I had 2 other phones in mind but this one won me over. I love the keyboard and the Navigation, its the little things that make me happy. If the New one works properly I will be a happy camper. If not perhaps-

A) somebody can tell me what my major malfunction is (me as a person- not the phone, I will come to terms with my operator errors if you can tell me what the heck I am doing wrong)

I will say goodbye- please don't make me say good bye new phone.....to be continued!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Hm... those are some very bizarre problems you are having. Since you're already set to get a replacement phone, I won't bother dissecting what all could be causing the problems. Let's see if your replacement phone works better first. If it still behaves the same, then we'll figure out what you're doing wrong. (kidding)
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalbuick View Post
    Hm... those are some very bizarre problems you are having. Since you're already set to get a replacement phone, I won't bother dissecting what all could be causing the problems. Let's see if your replacement phone works better first. If it still behaves the same, then we'll figure out what you're doing wrong. (kidding)

Ok- new phone for about 1.5 weeks? Idk, my mother was here which is kind of like being in a black hole- not necessarily bad, just disorienting. New phone is behaving. It still won't auto rotate properly but everytime I figure out a little something new I wonder how I ever lived before. I also returned the screen protector when I replaced the phone and its so much better with out it, I actually havn't taken off the factory protector and its still all good.

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    Ok- new phone for about 1.5 weeks? Idk, my mother was here which is kind of like being in a black hole- not necessarily bad, just disorienting. New phone is behaving. It still won't auto rotate properly but everytime I figure out a little something new I wonder how I ever lived before. I also returned the screen protector when I replaced the phone and its so much better with out it, I actually havn't taken off the factory protector and its still all good.

The screen is made from tempered glass. Incredibly strong. In my personal opinion, the kind of beating that would really abuse the screen at all, would pretty much break the rest of the phone. I think the body of the phone is much more susceptible to scratches and nicks than the screen.

I agree Dolf, and being tempered it would break into a million pieces.

Deleted Message

Motorola Droid 4

Hi members, I bumped this older topic to see if anyone had anything else to add. Have you exchanged your Ally,....was the replacement any better?

I'm considering exchanging my phone to try to escape the 50 percent bug. But I'm worried that swapping won't fix the problem.

The contacts problem Jules mentioned might be solved by the "join" function...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links