OTA Ver. 2.1 update 1 Kills Music Player

This is a discussion on OTA Ver. 2.1 update 1 Kills Music Player within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I got the Over The Air system update this morning. All seemed to go well. But about half an hour later when I went to ...

Thread: OTA Ver. 2.1 update 1 Kills Music Player

I got the Over The Air system update this morning. All seemed to go well. But about half an hour later when I went to play some music, I found that no sound was coming from the speaker. I tried the headphone jack and still no sound. Normally I am using Mort Player for MP3s so I closed it. I also know sometimes its process keeps running in the background so I stopped that too. Then I used the supplied Music Player application, loaded an MP3 and pressed play. Just as in Mort Player, all indications show it is playing, but I still get no sound.

I tried the ring-tone setting and do hear sound when selecting a ring-tone. I also hear sound when a calendar alarm plays. Just no music playback.

Anyone else have this issue, or know of a fix for it?

Is it possible to "roll back" an OTA update so I can "undo" whatever they did to my Ally?

Zoandar

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Zoandar View Post
    I got the Over The Air system update this morning. All seemed to go well. But about half an hour later when I went to play some music, I found that no sound was coming from the speaker. I tried the headphone jack and still no sound. Normally I am using Mort Player for MP3s so I closed it. I also know sometimes its process keeps running in the background so I stopped that too. Then I used the supplied Music Player application, loaded an MP3 and pressed play. Just as in Mort Player, all indications show it is playing, but I still get no sound.

I tried the ring-tone setting and do hear sound when selecting a ring-tone. I also hear sound when a calendar alarm plays. Just no music playback.

Anyone else have this issue, or know of a fix for it?

Is it possible to "roll back" an OTA update so I can "undo" whatever they did to my Ally?

Zoandar

I just received the update and I saw ur post and I have no trouble playing music? I am just confused as to what the update actually did!

Good luck I would try getting a new phone at the store as it should be under warente

Kp

Zoandar, perhaps your media volume is turned all the way down? Check it at Settings > Sound & Display > Media Volume. I've noticed it works separately from ringer/notification volume.

msb
    Same thing happened to mine. I spent an hour with Verizon tech support and after trying a few things (remove battery; factory data reset; remove SD, replace) the tech said I should go to the Verizon store to get a replacement. I did that yesterday. Got the new phone set up and mp3s were working perfectly. In the car on the way home, update 1 installed, and suddenly the mp3s quit working again. Went back to the verizon store and then they called Verizon tech support. Did the same stuff again (battery, reset, etc.) to no result. Eventually the Verizon tech support people blamed the mp3s and told me to go home and wait for a software update.

Not too happy about it.

I have not had any problems with the default music app since the upgrade.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links