Ally Ver 8 OTA update in progress

This is a discussion on Ally Ver 8 OTA update in progress within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Dolfan0925 THAT'S what was improved??? No wonder I didn't notice. Use Touchdown for email/calendar, don't use Amazon MP3, don't use visual voicemail, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ally Ver 8 OTA update in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan0925 View Post
    THAT'S what was improved??? No wonder I didn't notice. Use Touchdown for email/calendar, don't use Amazon MP3, don't use visual voicemail, don't have facebook...

Meh.

The corporate calendar is a bug fix really, but they have it listed as an improvement.....but an update is still an update and it seems like there are some performance issues that have been improved, so kudos for that.... I would really like to not have to use touchdown, but I can't live without server side search....it takes to long to browse through all my folders looking for something with the android corporate mail client....so if anyone is listening up there, take note and either get 2.2 or try to figure this one out for us in the next update....

--Scoob

Improvements:

+ Increased QWERTY keyboard operability.

+ Streamlined alert functions.

+ Improved usability with alert sounds for authentication or

confirmation of Bluetooth® functions.

+ Increased speed and response time for Messaging and

Camera applications.

Enhancements:

+ Manage your schedule with preloaded Corporate

Calendar application.

+ Improved Amazon MP3 application.

+ Preloaded Backup Assistant application is now available.

+ Enjoy an enhanced preloaded Visual Voicemail application.

+ Sync Facebook™ contacts with a new preloaded application.

So..

Camera speed is as slow as ever.... Not sure how "keyboard operability" has changed. ... not sure what has changed w blutooth. I'm excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    [b]Improvements:

+ Increased QWERTY keyboard operability. I have not noticed any difference.

+ Streamlined alert functions. I have not noticed any difference.

+ Improved usability with alert sounds for authentication or

confirmation of Bluetooth® functions. I didn't have any problems with Bluetooth so again I have not noticed any difference.

+ Increased speed and response time for Messaging and

Camera applications. I have not noticed any difference.

[b]Enhancements:

+ Manage your schedule with preloaded Corporate

Calendar application. I didn't need this app and will never use it.

+ Improved Amazon MP3 application. I don't want this app and never use.

+ Preloaded Backup Assistant application is now available. I didn't need this app and will never use it.

+ Enjoy an enhanced preloaded Visual Voicemail application. I do use this app but had no issues with it. I have not had a VM yet to see if there is any difference or not.

+ Sync Facebook™ contacts with a new preloaded application. I had not tried to sync my FB contacts before and was surprised when it did sync them but I was happy either way.

So..

Camera speed is as slow as ever.... Not sure how "keyboard operability" has changed. ... not sure what has changed w blutooth. I'm excited!Ye

YEP, I am excited too!

But in all fairness, having been someone who has released new versions of software. Many times we would release a new version and 90% of the users either wouldn't notice or it didn't affect them at all. It just so happens that this update didn't really apply to me as much as it would have for someone else.
    Motorola Droid 4

Well AA,...glad you're enjoying the new update

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Improved Facebook syncing? My phone still does the same thing as always when you go to add accounts and click Facebook, it just loops back to the same settings screen and never adds my FB account. i no longer care as I've just been using Gmail to sync contacts for a few weeks now, but it would have been nice if FB actually did work now.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

How lame is it that it's 2010, yet we still are forced to have apps that we don't want or really need. Amazon and amazon mp3, socialite, etc. I wish we could manage ALL installed apps and Uninstall them like we can with the apps we download from marketplace if we decide they aren't necessary. Wasted memory. wasted resources. (I don't want to "root" the phone - even more of a hassle and I'd probably blow it!) You can't even go to the LG Home screen and drag the icons you don't want to look at to the trash can.

Still love the Ally though. 1st smart phone I've owned, and it works great with the exception of the camera delay issue. I'm surprised that everyone isn't angry about that.

You should be able to remove any icon from the home screen. I trashed all the ones I didn't want to see.
    Motorola Droid 4

Must be the "Android" screen I'm talking about... the one you can't change....

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Must be the "Android" screen I'm talking about... the one you can't change....

I use the Android screen. The only difference is the LG screen has four default icons at the bottom of the screen. Browser, Messages, Contacts, and Phone. Other than those 4, all other icons and widgets can be removed. I read somewhere that it is possible to change the default buttons but I can't remember where I saw that.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I use the Android screen. The only difference is the LG screen has four default icons at the bottom of the screen. Browser, Messages, Contacts, and Phone. Other than those 4, all other icons and widgets can be removed. I read somewhere that it is possible to change the default buttons but I can't remember where I saw that.

Found it, here is where I saw how to change the default icons on the LG Home screen: LG Ally Review

"It took us several tries, but we finally figured out how to change the icons in the home row: you simply hold an application’s icon in the launcher, and when it drops down to put that icon on the homescreen, you can put it in the launcher’s home row. "
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links