Ally Ver 8 OTA update in progress

This is a discussion on Ally Ver 8 OTA update in progress within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Am I the only one with worse performance after the update? Everything has been sluggish since....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ally Ver 8 OTA update in progress

Am I the only one with worse performance after the update?

Everything has been sluggish since.

Quote Originally Posted by justlevine View Post

You will need to do a factory reset. This solved the issue for me.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    You will need to do a factory reset. This solved the issue for me.

Doesn't a factory reset make your phone the same as when you received it? Losing all apps and information?

Quote Originally Posted by Vol4one View Post
    Doesn't a factory reset make your phone the same as when you received it? Losing all apps and information?

Yes, it will remove any downloaded apps and erase any email accounts that you have setup. It will not erase anything on the SD card. If you sync your contacts, those will show back up as soon as you reset your gmail account.

It is a pain to do but it has improved my phone's performance. It also will not revert back to V6 but keep V8 on the phone.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by justlevine View Post

Mine runs MUCH worse now than before the update. Battery life is much shorter, programs like Amazon, Corporate Calendar and Backup Assistant all continue to run virtually non-stop. Not to mention serious lag issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    How lame is it that it's 2010, yet we still are forced to have apps that we don't want or really need. Amazon and amazon mp3, socialite, etc. I wish we could manage ALL installed apps and Uninstall them like we can with the apps we download from marketplace if we decide they aren't necessary. Wasted memory. wasted resources. (I don't want to "root" the phone - even more of a hassle and I'd probably blow it!) You can't even go to the LG Home screen and drag the icons you don't want to look at to the trash can.

Still love the Ally though. 1st smart phone I've owned, and it works great with the exception of the camera delay issue. I'm surprised that everyone isn't angry about that.

I agree with everything you said. Well put. I don't want to root my phone either -- I want it to function 90 percent of the way I expect it to out of the box. I should be in control of what apps are on the phone, period. And while the Ally doesn't hit the 90 percent mark, I'm still overall quite pleased with it. It's also my first smartphone and, thus far, I'd day my compelling impulse of "anything that'll get me on the droid platform" has been justified.

This is my 1st smartphone as well. I really love it even with all the "issues". Love it even more since it was free for me \o/.

I really don't have any lag issues normally, I do keep a sharp out on running apps, I use the Android System app for monitoring/managing memory and running apps. Really like that app lol..anyway back to why I posted!!

My biggist B*tch about this phone and maybe its all droids idk is that I constantly have to shutdown these apps that I can't uninstall and that continue to start up on their own even though I've never used them, never opened them and never will. Namely Visual VM, all this Amazon crap, corp calendar, backup assistant, google talk...

I'm an old school pc user and I absolutey abhore the lack of control I have over these installs and running apps! Once i've had this phone long enough to not have to worry about voiding my warranty this baby WILL be rooted and this crapware removed. lol

I can understand the need of Verizon to have certain things locked down so the ID10T's out there don't hose their phones up but come on these are NOT apps that will hose a phone up if they are removed!

Just so people know that if you use astro file manager you can back up apps safely before doing an factory reset

Its what I plan on doing to move some of my apps from my devour over to the ally... the files are saved as .apk files so they are fully usable

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Found it, here is where I saw how to change the default icons on the LG Home screen: LG Ally Review

"It took us several tries, but we finally figured out how to change the icons in the home row: you simply hold an application’s icon in the launcher, and when it drops down to put that icon on the homescreen, you can put it in the launcher’s home row. "

So it functions the same as ADW Launcher (which is another home replacement). When you're in drag and drop mode with an icon, just drag it over to the "Dockbar", the stickied icon thing on the bottom, and just release it to replace something there.
    SmartPhone (s):
    Motorola Droid2Global
    : Stock, Rooted
    Motorola Droid (OG) : Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 w/ ChevyNo1 1.25 ULV kernel
    Verizon (HTC) xv6800 : (Windows Mobile 6.1)
    Palm Treo 700wx
    : (Windows Mobile 5.0)

Android Tablet(s):
    Archos 70It (250GB)
    : Stock, Rooted with Archangel exploit
    B+N Nook Color : UD 3.3.0
    Toshiba Thrive (32 GB): Stock, Rooted

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links