Ally Ver 8 OTA update in progress

This is a discussion on Ally Ver 8 OTA update in progress within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; *** Forum Guru, Please move this topic to the appropriate Forum *** I just wanted to let everyone know that the Ver 8 update for ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ally Ver 8 OTA update in progress

*** Forum Guru, Please move this topic to the appropriate Forum ***

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Ver 8 update for the Ally is currently underway. Within the next Day or Two your Ally should prompt you to accept the Update which will bring your phone to the current level which is Version 8.

For those of you who saw the update come through, but declined it, the Verizon Server should retry your phone within the next day or two. I don't have the Delivery Schedule it's all done by region through Verizon....

Let me know if you have any questions.

*** This is NOT an Android 2.2 update. **** This is an update to the Ally for Android 2.1

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I got a question. Can you tell us what is in this update besides a couple new apps?
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I got a question. Can you tell us what is in this update besides a couple new apps?

it feels like the browser has got smother other then that i dont see any thing

Quote Originally Posted by gregskeels View Post
    it feels like the browser has got smother other then that i dont see any thing

I feel like it's moving a little better. One of my pet peeves was how laggy hitting the phone button was, moving from phone to contacts in the dialing screen. That seems to be running better. I wasn't really having many issues with the phone though.

Hi,

I don't want to update to ver 8, how do i get rid of the annoying upgrade reminder?

(I'm rooted).

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post

I second that....is anyone aware of any documentation available concerning this update and what the new features/bug fixes are?

--Scoob

This link had a brief overview of the update features that came from the verizon site.....Android Police

Good find Scoopy. I have been searching for that info and wasn't able to find it.
    Motorola Droid 4

ian
    The Verizon website how has information about the update and what the enhancements and improvements are. There is a PDF on the website with the information: http://support.vzw.c...te/lg_ally.html

Okay, same info as posted by scoobydoobster above...

THAT'S what was improved??? No wonder I didn't notice. Use Touchdown for email/calendar, don't use Amazon MP3, don't use visual voicemail, don't have facebook...

Meh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links