Giving up my Smartphone

This is a discussion on Giving up my Smartphone within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Well I guess you can't teach a old dog new tricks I am 60. I have had a LG ALLY for a little over 2 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giving up my Smartphone

Well I guess you can't teach a old dog new tricks I am 60. I have had a LG ALLY for a little over 2 weeks and I really don't like it. It is way to hard to work had to many bells and whistles for me.

I am with in my 30 days so now is the time to turn it in. I have grown to like texting though. Does any one have any suggestions on what kind of phone I can get? I like having the full keyboard. Don't need music or movies or any of that fancy "STUFF"...

Thanks Kermit

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Well I guess you can't teach a old dog new tricks I am 60. I have had a LG ALLY for a little over 2 weeks and I really don't like it. It is way to hard to work had to many bells and whistles for me.

I am with in my 30 days so now is the time to turn it in. I have grown to like texting though. Does any one have any suggestions on what kind of phone I can get? I like having the full keyboard. Don't need music or movies or any of that fancy "STUFF"...

Thanks Kermit

My previous phone was an LG enV Touch. It is a 3G Multimedia phone instead of a Smartphone. Verizon still requires a data plan with it even though the browser isn't worth using. I had them turn off the data plan after I got the phone. It has a QWERTY keyboard on it. However, it does cost more than the LG Ally.
    Motorola Droid 4

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    I would suggest looking into the LG enV series as well, they all have great keyboards. The env2 was a great phone when I had it but it's a little dated at this point. There is an env3 which a lot of people reported having problems with the phone turning off by itself and other issues, but perhaps some of these have been ironed out by now. And like AA said above, the env touch was the high end phone before LG started making smartphones.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Thanks my wife has the enV3 right now and she likes it and everything bit we do not use the Internet on it and I can't see paying the extra $9.99 just to have it. I called Verizon and they said we HAVE to have to at least the $9.99 package. So I have a feeling we will turn hers in also... This really is a bummer I am so discouraged right now I would take 2 of the enV3's right now if it weren't for them requiring the data package. We have been with Verizon for over 15yrs and this is the first time we have been unhappy with them.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Thanks my wife has the enV3 right now and she likes it and everything bit we do not use the Internet on it and I can't see paying the extra .99 just to have it. I called Verizon and they said we HAVE to have to at least the .99 package. So I have a feeling we will turn hers in also... This really is a bummer I am so discouraged right now I would take 2 of the enV3's right now if it weren't for them requiring the data package. We have been with Verizon for over 15yrs and this is the first time we have been unhappy with them.....

I got the Touch last year in May. They made me get the data plan when I first purchased the phone too. After a couple of months, I called them up and they let me drop the data plan. I guess their policy has changed in the past year. At least the $9.99 data plan is less than the $29.99 data plan you need for a smartphone but if you never use it, it is a waste of money.
    Motorola Droid 4

You should check out the LG Cosmos. It has a slide out keyboard, like the Ally, but no data plan required. My stepson has one, and it is great if you are only looking to text and talk on it.

My mom and my step father have the Samsung Intensity. Its a basic phone with a slideout keyboard. It should be free with a contract and not require a data or even text plan.

Quote Originally Posted by benh972 View Post
    My mom and my step father have the Samsung Intensity. Its a basic phone with a slideout keyboard. It should be free with a contract and not require a data or even text plan.

They require a txt plan

Quote Originally Posted by kb51 View Post
    They require a txt plan
    My stepfather did not get a text plan, though my mother did get the 250 message bucket. Neither of them paid for thier phones. Also I just checked on the site and as far as I could tell going through the checkout, it was not mandatory. Though I think the op wants text anyway.

Thanks for the responses. Today we go to a Verizon Store to look at (hands on) what is out there. Then maybe come home and call to see what they can do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links