Questions

This is a discussion on Questions within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I have tried viewing the different topics in the forums but have not come up with the answers to the questions below. Any assistance is ...

Thread: Questions

I have tried viewing the different topics in the forums but have not come up with the answers to the questions below. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

How do you delete apps?

How do you delete multiple emails - at the same time - not one by one.

How can you set different ringtones for text messages, pic messages and voice mail?

Is there a way to unlock the code and have the option to activate on your own?

What does the backup assistant do and is it something I need to back up my contact list and gmail calendar?

How do you prevent apps from running in the background which ends up running your battery. Most of the time they are apps I have not even used.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Most of your questions are covered in the forums. Normally, I would at a link to the threads but since I am at work, I don't have the time to find them.

As for Backup Assistant, it only backup's your contact data.
    Motorola Droid 4

1. Go to the Settings menu. Look for Applications, press it, then manage applications. Find the app on the list, touch it, use the uninstall button to remove it.

2. If you're talking about the Gmail widget, just open it, touch the little square boxes to the left of the messages to select the ones you wish to delete, push the menu button, touch delete. They're gone.

3 .FOR Indvidual CONTACTS - Open contacts > click contact you want > menu > options > ringtone

For Messaging - Open Messaging app > click menu > settings > scroll down > click select ringtone > choose & click ok

For Gmail - Open Gmail app > click menu > settings > select ringtone > choose & click ok

4. Say what?

5. Answered

Quote Originally Posted by benh972 View Post
    1. Go to the Settings menu. Look for Applications, press it, then manage applications. Find the app on the list, touch it, use the uninstall button to remove it.

2. If you're talking about the Gmail widget, just open it, touch the little square boxes to the left of the messages to select the ones you wish to delete, push the menu button, touch delete. They're gone.

3 .FOR Indvidual CONTACTS - Open contacts > click contact you want > menu > options > ringtone

For Messaging - Open Messaging app > click menu > settings > scroll down > click select ringtone > choose & click ok

For Gmail - Open Gmail app > click menu > settings > select ringtone > choose & click ok

4. Say what?

5. Answered

Great start...thank you.

Got #1

Don't understand about deleting multiple emails. When I open gmail it shows my in box with all my email. I have stars to the right but no square box on the left.

I have the ringtone for contacts. I downloaded ringtones from phonezoo that when into a "download" folder but I don't know how to access it and put those ringtones to the ringtone option list.

The phone has an automatic lock to open it. Can you disable the lock and/or manually set it so you do not have to unlock your phone everytime you want to use it.

How do you prevent apps from running in the background which ends up running your battery. Most of the time they are apps I have not even used.

Use advanced task killer for the backgrounds apps.

The short answer to all your questions is that MENU is your friend. In Gmail hit menu, in contacts hit Menu, in the Market hit Menu.

For custom ringtones including texts search "Handcent SMS" or other Messaging Apps.

There is no "fix" to unlocking the phone but you can extend duration on the screen out >> Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lifs2srt View Post
    Great start...thank you.

Got #1

Don't understand about deleting multiple emails. When I open gmail it shows my in box with all my email. I have stars to the right but no square box on the left.

I have the ringtone for contacts. I downloaded ringtones from phonezoo that when into a "download" folder but I don't know how to access it and put those ringtones to the ringtone option list.

The phone has an automatic lock to open it. Can you disable the lock and/or manually set it so you do not have to unlock your phone everytime you want to use it.

Gmail:To get the little boxes to show up, open your gmail ap>from the inbox hit your menu key>select setting> enable batch operations>you should now have the grey boxes to the left of your messages

Ringtones: To use your downloaded ringtones you will need to create a folder called ringtones on your sd card. Then you will need to move your ringtones from your download folder to your ringtones folder. To do this you will need to either connect your Ally to your PC with your USB cord, or you can use a file manager ap. I am using Astro file manager. You can search the Android Market place for astro and find it quite easily. Here is the procedure in Astro. Open astro and verify that in the very top just below your notification bar it says /sdcard>hit the menu key>select the folder icon that says new>choose directory>in directory name enter ringtones>select create>now open your download folder>select and hold your ringtone>a menu opens select edit>select move>navigate to your ringtones folder>press and hold the ringtones folder>select edit>select paste.

As another member has mentioned, all the questions posted in this topic have already been answered in the forums. You just have to take the time to find your answers.

Thank yous to the members offering advice.

Ads