home themes

This is a discussion on home themes within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Which home theme do you use? Android, LG, or other?...

Thread: home themes

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Which home theme do you use? Android, LG, or other?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android

I am not willing to use any custom home screen until they can create one that doesn't require certain permissions.
    Motorola Droid 4

I use ADW.Launcher. It has some nice customization features and works very smoothly compared to the LG and stock android homes. I tried Launcher Pro Beta, but didn't like it as much as ADW.Launcher. Not that it's bad. I just preferred ADW more.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Android

I am not willing to use any custom home screen until they can create one that doesn't require certain permissions.

Really. Why do they need to be able to make calls.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    I use Launcher Pro and it is awesome. No $500 phone bill just because it has permissions to the network and calls either. It's a launcher after all, it is involved in every aspect of the phone and things that you can access from the home screen. A launcher without permissions would probably not allow you to do very much.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Yeah, I know I err on the side of caution but if it doesn't come from Google, LG, or Verizon and it asks for services that cost you money it isn't getting installed.

If I download a game, it doesn't need permission for Location. If I download a shopping app, Location is expected but it doesn't need to be able to read my browser bookmarks or history. If I want a fancy home screen, I can see it needed some permissions but not all of them.

There are enough things I can do with the phone without them.

Just as an FYI read my thread about a music player app that asked for Services That Cost You Money: Android Trojan
    Motorola Droid 4

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but the LG home screen seems to work faster than the Android home screen, at least on my phone. There's hardly any lag time opening apps or switching between screens on the LG side. But I prefer the Android screen setup.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Quote Originally Posted by glockman39 View Post
    Don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but the LG home screen seems to work faster than the Android home screen, at least on my phone. There's hardly any lag time opening apps or switching between screens on the LG side. But I prefer the Android screen setup.

Anyone else experiencing this?

i just thought that was me, but yes but i just hate the lg set up so much i like the stock one. 2.2 where are u!

I am a huge fan of LauncherPro. 7 home screens, 3 docks and lots of options. Resize widgets, hide unused apps, see all home screens at once, app drawer has a 3-d effect, get unread numbers in your dock, cool animations and 3d effects... and other things I cannot remember right now. Those 2 that came with the phone are boring next to LauncherPro.

I have also noticed that the android home is very very laggy. The LG home does work a lot faster and ive noticed it uses less resources. I do prefer the android home though. But to save sanity I think im going to switch to the Lg home until the 2.2 update.

Bry

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links