LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Reposted in the update thread....

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

Reposted in the update thread.

Well, can't reroot it, unless someone's found a diffrent way than asroot2/superuser.apk ?

Quote Originally Posted by Christiebunny View Post
    Well, can't reroot it, unless someone's found a diffrent way than asroot2/superuser.apk ?

I was going to mention that with a new release they usually try to fix it so that it can't be rooted. But give them a couple of days and someone will have found a way to root it again.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Christiebunny View Post
    ...and the fact it's a service pack, VS740ZVB if I'm reading it right, probably means we won't be getting 2.2 for quite a while at the very least

Hi Christiebunny (love the avatar, btw), I know how you feel -- waiting for FroYo, getting mashed potatoes instead. But I'm not disappointed that LG pushed down the service pack -- at least it shows LG is still supporting the phone. And although I seem to be in the overwhelming minority here, I've been very pleased with update -- although I didn't appreciate them adding more apps. I'm hoping that, since City ID is still a paid app, I will be able to uninstall it once I don't pay for it. I have no desire to keep it.

I agree with several of the members, getting the software update was a good thing, that's how they try to fix minor issues and improve the phones performance. But sending unwanted or un-needed apps isn't necessary and a pain in the butt for most folks, because the phone has limited resources....memory....possibilty of conflicts....

Just let us know that they're available, and what they do,....we can decide if we want to download them.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    I agree with several of the members, getting the software update was a good thing, that's how they try to fix minor issues and improve the phones performance. But sending unwanted or un-needed apps isn't necessary and a pain in the butt for most folks, because the phone has limited resources....memory....possibilty of conflicts....

Just let us know that they're available, and what they do,....we can decide if we want to download them.

Agreed! Thank you. They're idiots.. the Ally would be such a nicer phone without all these mandatory useless applications. Being pretty OCD it really pisses me off. Already thought of returning the phone because of it.

So how do we remove system apps we don't want? is there a GUI uninstaller, or even a shell command that;d work for those of us that are rooted?

The most recent update killed my root and the previous method did not work to get it rooted again. I did some digging and found the easiest way to root my Ally. All I had to do was install an app and run it. Universal Androot is an app that will let you root and un-root your phone at will. I used version 1.6.1 and it worked beautifully on my Ally.

Go here and download the apk to your SD card:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=747598

Go to Settings/Applications and select Unknown sources so you can install from your SD card.

Use a file manager like Astro or ES File Explorer to run the install package.

Run Universal Androot and tap the "Root :-)" button and done!

Hope everyone finds it as useful as I did. Enjoy!!!

Is there any new info on the status of 2.2 update?

I have not heard anything new.
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links