LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; In another LG thread, user LG Pro mentioned there will be another upgrade from VZB to correct issues. Still no definitive date on 2.2....

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

In another LG thread, user LG Pro mentioned there will be another upgrade from VZB to correct issues. Still no definitive date on 2.2.

Is there any point in attempting to organize a mass Ally 2.2 update Email and / or phone call assault on Verizon? Every other person I know with an Android phone has the update!!! My son had the first generation Motorolla droid and he has it yet here we are with this almost awesome phone and no update.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    No point bothering anyone about it, certainly not Verizon since they have nothing to do with it. LG are the ones who need to get it working on the Ally.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

I wish I had read the post before I got my Ally. I guess Life Is Not Good at LG. Looking for Upgrade 2.2 with all the others...

I agree with BMB. There is no point other than to release some built up frustration.

If you talk to Verizon, they will say it is Google. If you talk to Google, they say it is LG. If you talk to LG, they say it is Verizon.

Welcome to Open Source.
    Motorola Droid 4

lol AA

I could be mistaken, because that does happen from time to time (LOL), but I thought I read something a couple of weeks back that LG had turned 2.2 over to Verizon for finalization. I will have to see if I can find it again.

So I know the ally will be getting the 2.2 update but is there any new info on a release date for it???

Quote Originally Posted by flik623 View Post
    So I know the ally will be getting the 2.2 update but is there any new info on a release date for it???

Um, no...

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
    I could be mistaken, because that does happen from time to time (LOL), but I thought I read something a couple of weeks back that LG had turned 2.2 over to Verizon for finalization. I will have to see if I can find it again.

Yeah, I remember seeing that too. Can't remember where though. Another person claiming to know someone that works at LG swore to me that said person claims that Ally won't be getting 2.2 at all. Who knows, that guy is pretty much a total jerk anyway, but at this point it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out being true. Cheers
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links