LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Lord Nikon I recently rooted my Ally, and it was the best decision I have made. I actually made me enjoy this ...

Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
    I recently rooted my Ally, and it was the best decision I have made. I actually made me enjoy this phone.

Velocity v.3, GNM Turbo 4, apps2SD. With these enhancements, as well as others, rooting the phone was a good idea. I NEVER have to worry about the memory anymore, since I partitioned the SD card, all of my apps go directly there. The Ally is capable of alot of things, and its an even better phone rooted. I was really down on the Ally until I rooted it, and I will never look back.

My problem is, I'm just the sort of person who ruins everything I try and tinker with. If I try to root my Ally, I most surely will brick it.

Quote Originally Posted by LGenemy View Post
    This is what I heard and it makes sense. LG and Verizon have the upgrade for the Ally but are delaying its release to promote sales of their newer phones with 2.2 installed on them. Once they reach an x amount in sales of the newer phones, froyo will be made available for the Ally. So tell all your friends that its not coming and they are better off getting a newer phone so we can get it sooner.

Here is LG Pro's latest respone to the update. LG Pro is the only source that I have seen who announced to the world that we would be getting 2.2. Looks like he is getting tired of the complaints for lack of an upgrade.

It was my intent to help the other users of the Ally. I have always been honest with you and I don't appreciate the insinuation that I haven't been honest.... If I hadn't gone to bat in the first place we would know nothing at this point. I've done what I can to help the Ally users.... The last word I got from Marketing is that it is a YES but they won't commit to a time frame.... So for now I'll just step back and help those who want help and I won't get in the middle of this... If Support is telling something different than what I have said, so be it, I'll let them keep you up to date from now on. For those of you who have patiently waited, and are now stuck in the middle of this issue, I am sorry for the way things are going down... My personal opinion is that LG is concentrating on current phone releases while quietly working on the update in the back ground.

Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Here is LG Pro's latest respone to the update. LG Pro is the only source that I have seen who announced to the world that we would be getting 2.2. Looks like he is getting tired of the complaints for lack of an upgrade.

It was my intent to help the other users of the Ally. I have always been honest with you and I don't appreciate the insinuation that I haven't been honest.... If I hadn't gone to bat in the first place we would know nothing at this point. I've done what I can to help the Ally users.... The last word I got from Marketing is that it is a YES but they won't commit to a time frame.... So for now I'll just step back and help those who want help and I won't get in the middle of this... If Support is telling something different than what I have said, so be it, I'll let them keep you up to date from now on. For those of you who have patiently waited, and are now stuck in the middle of this issue, I am sorry for the way things are going down... My personal opinion is that LG is concentrating on current phone releases while quietly working on the update in the back ground.

ALLY,

PLEASE KEEP US UP TO DATE... AS YOU ALWAYS HAVE, YOUR EFFORTS ARE APPRECIATED BY THE MAJORITY OF FORUM USERS...

THANK YOU!!!!

EZ

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
    I recently rooted my Ally, and it was the best decision I have made. I actually made me enjoy this phone.

Velocity v.3, GNM Turbo 4, apps2SD. With these enhancements, as well as others, rooting the phone was a good idea. I NEVER have to worry about the memory anymore, since I partitioned the SD card, all of my apps go directly there. The Ally is capable of alot of things, and its an even better phone rooted. I was really down on the Ally until I rooted it, and I will never look back.

I am sure it is better. Thats what I have heard and a friend of mine with a lower end HTC Android phone did it after their 2.1 Update 1 update made his phone super slow. As I said, my custom firmware PSP is ten times what a normal PSP is and I love it.

If FroYo doesn't come or doesn't give the performance boost we want, I probably will root my Ally. But by then hopefully they have a custome firmware that can use the newer features of FroYo as well.

I got my Verizon bill today and it says right on the front that 4g is coming. It also talks about how user agreements have been changed because of the 4g update. Does that mean the update will be here this month!? Looks promising!

Quote Originally Posted by nicolett80 View Post
    I got my Verizon bill today and it says right on the front that 4g is coming. It also talks about how user agreements have been changed because of the 4g update. Does that mean the update will be here this month!? Looks promising!

Not quite the update we are looking for. I doubt if the LG Ally will be able to use the 4G network and will still be limited to 3G.
    Motorola Droid 4

At this point, I'm a lot more irritated that they haven't fixed the issues that the 2.1 maintenance update brought about than the fact that we haven't gotten 2.2. Would I like Froyo? Yes, I would would. However, if I can't have Froyo, then I would at least like to have my protected apps work after a reboot. I'm irritated that I have purchased apps that I have to reinstall every dang time I turn my phone off. As far as the Froyo goes, the only part I really, truly, covet is the apps2SD. I doubt we're getting it. I can live with it. I love my Ally. I want the Ally that I had prior to the last update back.

I am going to have to agree on with Cor_en_fa here. I do enjoy my Ally for the most part, and was enjoying it more before the 2.1 maint. update. It is UBER frustrating that if i have to reboot my phone for any reason, I lose several apps, including my Mobile Banking app, which requires me to reactivate it with my bank each time I re-install it. A Master reset on the phone did help several of the misc issues I was having with the phone, but this one still stands and is really quite irritating. If we are not going to get 2.2 (which I hope is not the case) they should at least release a patch or further update for the 2.1 update that they did to fix the issues that are clearly there. However, I would be more of a proponent that they just release 2.2 to the Ally since the development is done for it and they would not have to start a whole other project in trying to get a new update for 2.1 out, but that is just me. Oh, and I also agree that I really covet the Apps2SD piece in 2.2 as that would really make the Ally a perfect little smartphone as storage space is always the main issue with it.

just a few weeks ago I got 3 allys free, though a promotion online when you order another phone, which they are still doing plus now the Ally is free all together. This makes me think they are trying to get rid of stock to either discontinue or to get ready for the release of a new Ally. My theory is similiar to how we got treated with our Iphones. We always had to wait until the "new" iphone came out before we would get the good updates. Maybe there is a new Ally on the way with Froyo, and then after that we all can get the update. Of course that would be my luck, get a new phone and 2 months later a better one comes out.

oh well I still like the phone as is.

Talked to a friend of a friend who dates someone who works at Verizon and they said the update will be coming before Christmas. Not sure how true this is but I'm hoping it is. Asked the same person months ago and he said he had no idea. But now he says before Christmas. I guess we will see!

Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links