LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Nicolette80, I swear I'm not being rude, but when I first started reading your response I thought you were being sarcastic. "A friend of a ...

Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

Nicolette80, I swear I'm not being rude, but when I first started reading your response I thought you were being sarcastic. "A friend of a friend who dates someone who works at Verizon" indeed!

Nicolette's 'friend of a friend who is dating someone at Verizon" means that she is acutally Verizon's Vice President in charge of obsolete phone updates. She's just covering her tracks. C'mon guys read between the lines!

Mike

@ Corenfa : lol. That's ok. Its true! It is a friend of a friend who dates someone who works at Verizon. That part is true. But I don't know how true the last part is about the update. Would be a nice xmas present though. I look forward to the update. Mostly for flash. It would nice to have it on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyboy09 View Post
    Nicolette's 'friend of a friend who is dating someone at Verizon" means that she is acutally Verizon's Vice President in charge of obsolete phone updates. She's just covering her tracks. C'mon guys read between the lines!

Mike

You never know!

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyboy09 View Post

Mike

Naw, if she was, she would already have the update and be laughing at us cell phone slaves who don't.
    Motorola Droid 4

Hey guys I'm new on here and I've been looking around on the web about the 2.2 update and of course all I could find are rumors and no dates for release, so I decided to call an lg phone tech and he said that the phone is updatable and that and that lg and google are working together on a list of phones that will receive the update but he also said there is still no comfirmed date for the ally at this time but atleast he didn't say no I guess still alittle hope just hate the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by newguy29 View Post
    Hey guys I'm new on here and I've been looking around on the web about the 2.2 update and of course all I could find are rumors and no dates for release, so I decided to call an lg phone tech and he said that the phone is updatable and that and that lg and google are working together on a list of phones that will receive the update but he also said there is still no comfirmed date for the ally at this time but atleast he didn't say no I guess still alittle hope just hate the wait.

We all hate the wait. Some hate the wait so long as to root their phones until FroYo.

I still have no doubt that they can get FroYo on the Ally considering the other LG Android phones for Sprint and T-Mobile already have it and are pretty much the same specs as the Ally. In fact....

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomp...=2404&id2=2663

Looks like the Optimus line has 2x the memory but the same ROM and I would gather that the reason they have more accessible storage is Android 2.2 plus they probably are not preloaded with as many apps as Verizon likes.

Still...... there is hope.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Someone at another Android forum posted a conversation with a rep where he was again told that our phones will not be getting upgraded to 2.2. The circus continues. I wouldn't hold my breath for it anymore. Our hope lies with the guys in the community who will try to get us a 2.2 ROM on their own. Do we really buy into the idea that people at LG are toiling away day after day trying to work out problems with 2.2 working on our phones? I'm sure if after a couple days they weren't able to get it to work properly, they gave up instead of paying employees to sit there and try to figure it out.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalbuick View Post
    Someone at another Android forum posted a conversation with a rep where he was again told that our phones will not be getting upgraded to 2.2. The circus continues. I wouldn't hold my breath for it anymore. Our hope lies with the guys in the community who will try to get us a 2.2 ROM on their own. Do we really buy into the idea that people at LG are toiling away day after day trying to work out problems with 2.2 working on our phones? I'm sure if after a couple days they weren't able to get it to work properly, they gave up instead of paying employees to sit there and try to figure it out.

I wouldn't see the purpose in LG having the software engineers if they would just drop it at the first sign of trouble. Lets consider that as well, no phone transitions to a new build of an OS without bugs. I doubt any of the ones that have been ugraded to FroYo went super smooth on the first test run internally.

At this point, we can't do anything about any of this, so who gives a flying flip?

Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links