LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; If we get it we get it. If not there's Velocity and Raptor, and apps2sd, and JIT enabled OC'ing kernels....

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    If we get it we get it. If not there's Velocity and Raptor, and apps2sd, and JIT enabled OC'ing kernels.

On a snackier note, Walgreens had 1 lb bags of peanut M&Ms 3 for $3. They rang up 3 for $.75. Plus...each bag had a "save $.50 now" coupon attached. Basically, they paid me t$1.50 to take home 6 lbs of delicious snacky snacks.

Ok I have been looking for some kind of news on 2.2 for the ally, but can't find a thing. It is like after August no one has said a thing. Is it not coming out for the Ally. If anybody has any news please update. Thanks

There has been no new news. I posted a link to an article that said the LG Silver was getting 2.2 in early winter. It is Canada's version of the LG Ally. So if they can get it, those who said the Ally can't handle 2.2 are full of it.
    Motorola Droid 4

I so agree. Let's move onto another subject.

I would like to see that article about the LG Shine getting Froyo. Haven't found it myself.

Motorola Droid 4

The time frame for the Canadian version upgrade sounds realistic from a Marketing/Sales view point.

Early Winter would be after the Holiday rush. Those people that were dying for a 2.2+ unit probably will have already gone to different phones ($$). Then after the buying frenzy Verizon will release 2.2 for those who are still using their Ally. JMHO

i work at Verizon i just heard today that there is an update pending for the LG ally right now. weather it 2.2 or not i dont know. i do know that allys are on hold right now cuz the factory is loading the new update now and current owners should get a OTA update before Christmas.

when i asked an LG rep about 2.2 and the ally he said the project is not dead but he cant give me anymore information

Quote Originally Posted by ryanidcomm View Post
    i work at Verizon i just heard today that there is an update pending for the LG ally right now. weather it 2.2 or not i dont know. i do know that allys are on hold right now cuz the factory is loading the new update now and current owners should get a OTA update before Christmas.

when i asked an LG rep about 2.2 and the ally he said the project is not dead but he cant give me anymore information

No, the update that is in the works right now is 2.1 vc. It however, does nothing to fix the bugs caused by the last upgrade vb plus it adds another pre-installed app that we cannot remove. Space is limited on the Ally and it is getting smaller with each useless update Verizon sends us. You all need to get your crap together and just give us 2.2. Whatever happened to making the customer happy?

I actually emailed Verizon again today about this and was told the following bs: (I already knew all of this and even mentioned it in my email to Verizon. Plus, I emailed them from the same place that they gave me a link to.)

Good Afternoon. I appreciate your inquiry regarding when the LG Ally will be getting Android 2.2 (Froyo). My name is #######, and it was my pleasure speaking with you today. Again, I apologize that we do not have a timeframe for this software being available for the LG Ally. Per our conversation I have listed below the information we spoke of today:

Operating system improvements and enhancements will be available for the LG Ally beginning 11/19/2010.

Improvements include:

Improved ability to play audio received via picture message

Improved Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) calendar syncing

EAS provisioning feature is now compatible with all Microsoft Exchange servers

Enhancements:

New version of Skypemobile

VZ Navigator is preloaded on the device

Software Availability:

The LG Ally OTA Software enhancement will be available to customers starting on 11/19/2010.

As I mentioned today, you may access the LG Ally support website for details on the enhancement, improvement, and download instructions. I have listed below the weblink for this website. You may copy and paste this link to your computer search bar and hit "GO":

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/lg_ally.html

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us regarding the availability of the Android 2.2 (Froyo) for the LG Ally. I am sorry that I could not fully resolve your issue today, but I hope you have found the above information to be helpful. You are a valued customer, and we sincerely appreciate your business. Have a great day, and thank you for using Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,

######

Verizon Wireless

Customer Service
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links