LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Thanks for the link. Interesting how thw Canadian provider is happy to give a time frame for the exact same phones as we have but ...

Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

Thanks for the link. Interesting how thw Canadian provider is happy to give a time frame for the exact same phones as we have but here in the US ita always hush hush. If the Shine Plus gets Froyo the Ally would have to as well.

As for VZ Navigator, I find it useless when we have a preloaded on Android Google Navigator that uses Google maps.

Maybe I will root my phone when Froyo hits and remove the extra crap.

I am hoping that when our Canadian friends get Froyo, they can create a ROM for the Ally. Then I would root my phone and not wait on Verizon.
    Motorola Droid 4

So has anyone gotten a date range of any kind for the Froyo 2.2 update? When I purchased my phone last week the Verizon rep said the Ally would be getting the upgrade but he had no idea when.I certainly hope so, I got the update on my Droid and loved it. The flash player was great and I got more battery life afterwards.

I just got a second email from Verizon. I can't figure out how to copy it over on the phone so I will do it tonight when I get home. Basically, they blame the delay on LG.

Here is the email that I sent back to Verizon in response to the first email:

Thank you for taking the time to call and reply to my email Unfortunately, the data you provided is nothing new. I already visited the website that you provided a link for. It was from that website that I sent you the original email. I am also already familiar with the next update for 2.1. It is why I am upset about the fact that the LG Ally is one of the few phones that still does not have 2.2. The update that is currently in place is just going to add another useless app that I don't want, will never use, will constantly run and use up my battery life, and takes up more space on the phone's memory which means that I will have to remove one of the apps that I downloadced from the market that I do want and do use. LG announced in August that the LG Ally would be getting 2.2. Yet, 4 months later, we still don't have it and there is still no ETA on when we will get it. I am sorry but this is unacceptable. Why can't Verizon let it's customers know when we will be getting 2.2? I am considering never purchasing another phone from Verizon and doubt if I will continue my account after my contract expires. Someone from Verizon needs to read the user complaints that are on the web about this issue. There are several forums where user after user is upset over this. Listen to your customers and stop adding more apps that we don't want and give us 2.2.

Here is their response:

Good morning. My name is #####, and I regret to learn that we still do not have the software upgrade available for your LG Ally data phone. I'd be glad to advise you about this issue. At the present time we are still waiting on LG for the 2.2 upgrade, and cannot offer it to you if it's not yet available from LG. The next upgrade will be available in stages from LG, starting on November 19th. While this upgrade may not have the enhancements that you want, we can only offer to you what LG has tested and approved for release into the field for those customers that have this device. What you may want to consider is calling or writing to LG to ask them when the 2.2 upgrade may become available for your phone. In the interim period, we can only advise you about the upgrades we have available, for which I see ###### advised you of in the last email. My apologies if this was not the information you were looking for to resolve your issue, but it is the only information we have available at the present time.
    Motorola Droid 4

Awesome sauce. Now starts the blame game.

I also don't understand why the Shine Plus has a 5MP camera but no flash but can also support 32GB SDHC cards yet the Ally can only support 16GB SDHC cards.....

As for the update starting Novermber 19th, I have yet to see it. Might take a bit though since I live in Tucson and we get everything 2 years after the rest of the states....

I have not seen the update yet either and I live in Ohio. The last update was a few days late too.

Actually, the manual says that the LG Ally can handle a 32 GB card on one page but 16 GB on another. I asked LG about that and they said they would only reccomend 16 but the 32 should be ok.
    Motorola Droid 4

I got the update last night and I live in New England. Seems like same crap, eagerly awaiting 2.2, though.

We probably don't have enough room for 2.2 because of all the crap apps that Verizon has forced. I realize some people like these apps and more power to them. They should be made available in the market and not forced upon us. I loved my phone...I want to keep loving it, because buying another phone isn't really an option for me right now. I hope Verizon doens't totally screw me on this. I am hesitant to root because this is my home phone as well as mobile and I'd be up a creek if I bricked it.

My update came thru yesterday, but I couldn't download it until a few minutes ago. I didn't see any new apps, but I couldn't remember what was already there. So, I installed new update. (A special note to consider is the 2 apps I have issues with when I restart my phone were NOT working b/c I hadn't had time to uninstall & reinstall due to time.) So, the phone restarted & the 1st thing I did was to check those two apps. AND...voila, they were actually there & they WORKED! So just to double check, I restarted & they still worked. So, this update FIXED my problem (at least so far). Hopefully, this works for everyone else as well!

Loveally

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I have not seen the update yet either and I live in Ohio. The last update was a few days late too.

Actually, the manual says that the LG Ally can handle a 32 GB card on one page but 16 GB on another. I asked LG about that and they said they would only reccomend 16 but the 32 should be ok.

I never got a chance to fully read the manual. I would guess then that 32GB would be fine but I would gander going with thw fastest you can get would be best.

The ROM is 512MB so it will fit. The 127MB of free space I woukd guess is left over from that. I use this as my home phone too. No need to double pay.

I do wish Verizon wouldn't froce so many apps down our throat. I don't need Skype, Visual VM or pretty much most of the ones included. I don't mind My Verizon for the use it has but a lot of others are just wasted space.

Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links