LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Got my update this morning, happy to see that the apps that always stopped working and needed reinstalled after restart were working perfectly after 2 ...

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

Got my update this morning, happy to see that the apps that always stopped working and needed reinstalled after restart were working perfectly after 2 test restarts with no need to re-install. Can't comment on Exchange compatibility as I have switched to Touchdown for that (which I love by the way), but I can say that i do not see the VZNavigator app that was said to be pushed on us (happy about that). Everything else seems just the same. Still certainly looking forward to the 2.2 update we have been promised and personally think that the blame game Verizon is playing is not only not true from what i have heard from a variety of sources, but also rather unprofessional. They could just tell us straight up what the latest projected date is and, if they are forced to change it, announce that as well. Just be honest with us and I would imagine there would be less complaint about the treatment we are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmysmitty View Post
    I never got a chance to fully read the manual. I would guess then that 32GB would be fine but I would gander going with thw fastest you can get would be best.

The ROM is 512MB so it will fit. The 127MB of free space I woukd guess is left over from that. I use this as my home phone too. No need to double pay.

I do wish Verizon wouldn't froce so many apps down our throat. I don't need Skype, Visual VM or pretty much most of the ones included. I don't mind My Verizon for the use it has but a lot of others are just wasted space.

Most of us are power users; which is why we complain about such things. The average joe probally dosent know or give a rip. Of course, as being a power user it means i do care, and since i dont use this crap i dont want it on my device. But i'm sure theres some legalese in the contract about them being able to install it. The Update just installed and we will find out if its actually any good or not. Of coruse it already seems slower in some ways ;-/

Got an upgrade tonight. I don't really notice anything different. Now my phone says Firmware version 2.1-update1.

Anyone know what that means?

Quote Originally Posted by honu85 View Post
    Got an upgrade tonight. I don't really notice anything different. Now my phone says Firmware version 2.1-update1.

Anyone know what that means?

The Firmware version has always been 2.1-Update 1. It is the SW Version that changes. It should read VS740ZVC after the last update.
    Motorola Droid 4

I received this email in response to a recent query about 2.2 on Ally:

Thank you for inquiring of LG Electronics. We are delighted to hear from you as our Valued Customer.

We do apologize for this inconvenience you are having with your phone; and we would be more than glad to help you with this.

We do apologize to inform you that our technicians and Google Technical Support have not confirmed that the LG ALLY will get this software upgrade. There was never a guarantee that the update would be made available for this mobile device. We apologize you were informed otherwise.

If you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again either via email, or by calling our customer service division at 1-800-793-8896 at your convenience.

######

E-Mail Administrator

Customer Interactive Center

LGEAI

Quote Originally Posted by Mozista View Post
    I received this email in response to a recent query about 2.2 on Ally:

Maybe you should respond and tell them that it was on their forum where it was first announced that we would get it.
    Motorola Droid 4

I'm sure we'll get it if nothing else the new keyboardless Lg phone at Verizon (can't be arsed to look it up right not) if I'm remembering correctly is pretty much identical to the Ally, just missing the keyboard. If push comes to shove I'm certain someone will port it to us in time from that. I do still love my Ally. I had no idea I would become a power user when I bought it. But now that I know I'll be better prepared when the time comes for my next purchase at least.

Cheers
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Went to the VZW store tonight because I was having yet ANOTHER problem with my ally. The guy told me personally that chances of 2.2 on the Ally are very unlikely.

OK, I have been watching this thread from my phone and it is time to put in my penny.. since i have started watching this I have received 2 upgrades both with crap I don't want nor NEED., when I saw that there was an upgrade due then woke this morning to find it was needing to update I thought it was christmas, but NOPE,, no 2.2,, WTP. I just don't understand what the deal is, I am no computer tech but if they can do what they can do now with these awsome phones WHAT THE CRAP IS THE PROBLEM WITH DOWNLOADING 2.2!!!!!!!! my biggest concern that after my update the dang phones keeps telling me out of memory and then my text message will not take anymore, says it is full.. grrrrrrrrrr with a few more updates my phone will just LOCK up with all the CRAP they think I SHOULD have... well that needs to STOP. I had to remove even more of the apps that I really don't need but really liked,, I am now to the last few I use all the time,, if I get another update and loose more I will be the worst nightmare for both LG and verizion cust. support... trust me I can be a real pain in the wazzuuuuu. if they are watching this thread then they better get on the ball!!

So my phone (and my wife's Ally) got the update on Friday morning and the first thing I'm noticing is that our texting is delayed when sending. It can sit with the little "sending" icon for anywhere from 2 minutes to almost an hour.

I called customer service to find out what the deal is. They got me over to tech support who had me do the *228 option #2 thing. While we were waiting for my phone to update, we were chatting a bit and she said that the issue we're having is common, and the *228 should take care of the issue.

We also were talking about the last 2 updates in general as well as FroYo. I mentioned that it seemed kind of odd that if FroYo is going to be coming out to the Ally, why even bother with the update? Her response was that "2.2 is being pushed out right now in batches to the Ally users. The update we received on Friday was necessary software for the phones to be able to get the 2.2 update. The batches are going out by serial number, so (in theory) my phone may get the 2.2 update sooner than my wife's phone, depending on where the s/n's on the phones fall.

So... that being said: Do I believe her? Yeah. She seemed to have a good amount of product knowledge (her brother has the Ally also). Am I getting my hopes up? A little, perhaps. But I guess we'll see.

Crossing my fingers!

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links