LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Nemesiis MAN do I ever hope he was wrong!! He seemed pretty certain that the slower speed of the Ally wouldn't allow ...

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiis View Post
    MAN do I ever hope he was wrong!! He seemed pretty certain that the slower speed of the Ally wouldn't allow it to run 2.2. If the CPU speed is the same then he must have been referring to the RAM.

Does anybody know if the specs on the Allys RAM could limit it's ability to run Froyo 2.2?? (forgive me, I am new to this "power user" thing)

I agree that the reps are basically morons. The first woman I talked to told me that the Ally was brand new and had just been released.

I paid a visit to my local Verizon store last night. I asked one of the salespeople if they knew whether the Ally was going to be upgraded to 2.2.

He siad he didn't think so, but before he could finish his answer, another rep who had overheard my question jumped in and said that the Ally was definitely getting 2.2, but they had to do a couple of minor updates prior to the 2.2 upgrade. The rep also said that LG wanted to boost sales of their newer phones before giving the update to the Ally.

Here's hoping they are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by benh972 View Post
    MMM Tasty! Im personally most excited about the ability to put my aps on the sd card! I won't have to babysit my memory so much and I can give more aps the ole college try. This is great news, thanks for the confirmation.

Seriously?? That is EXACTLY what I was going to ask here. I keep running out of space because of all the apps I have. So I just delete until I need it again but that is such a pain. If the upgrade fixes that and allows us to download apps directly to the SD card, that would be HUGE!!!

I am new here and so glad there is someplace to get my questions answered. Don't go to a Verizon store . . . they don't know what they are doing. They just sell the phones!

I don't understand why they would be saying that anything is really holding the Ally back from getting FroYo because older phones with similar if not exactly the same basic specs (RAM, CPU, etc) have gotten it and are running it with no problems. It is not a hardware thing, it simply cannot be. I think it is a marketing thing personally. They do not want people buying the Ally as it is a much cheaper than the newer phones and they are not going to make as much money if people do. That, coupled with the report that the Ally WILL get the 2.2 update that came out earlier, leaves me to believe that it is nothing more than a money/marketing game they are playing at the detriment of their current users. I like my Ally, but i would LOVE it if I could put my apps on SD as that would fix what is my main problem with it, memory limitations. All i have to say is, deliver already, stop stalling and give us a great Christmas present in the form of the 2.2 update.

Oh, and one slightly off topic thing that i noticed today (might be me just a little behind). While in a call, my Ally now lets me go back to my home screen and use apps/browser/ etc without ending the call. It used to lock me in the phone function and would not allow other things to be done unless the call was ended. I was very happy to discover this today (even if it is just me being behind the curve).

Yo, Shadow, chill out. Who is "they would be saying?" IDK who it was but please consider (and isolate?) the source.

Apps during calls have always been accessible. It is a matter of buttons... touch the wrong button and call ended... etc.

BTW, Try holding down Home a few seconds and you will be prompted with your last 6 apps... during a call.

Quote Originally Posted by djbill View Post
    Seriously?? That is EXACTLY what I was going to ask here. I keep running out of space because of all the apps I have. So I just delete until I need it again but that is such a pain. If the upgrade fixes that and allows us to download apps directly to the SD card, that would be HUGE!!!

I am new here and so glad there is someplace to get my questions answered. Don't go to a Verizon store . . . they don't know what they are doing. They just sell the phones!

Just be aware that the app developers have to make their apps available for storage on SD cards. If they don't, you won't be able to store them on your SD.

Android Lurker getitnowmarketing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lend27 View Post
    I paid a visit to my local Verizon store last night. I asked one of the salespeople if they knew whether the Ally was going to be upgraded to 2.2.

He siad he didn't think so, but before he could finish his answer, another rep who had overheard my question jumped in and said that the Ally was definitely getting 2.2, but they had to do a couple of minor updates prior to the 2.2 upgrade. The rep also said that LG wanted to boost sales of their newer phones before giving the update to the Ally.

Here's hoping they are correct.

The 1st rep was correct. Its surprising when you ask us reps what answer you will get back

Whoo Hoo!! I just got an update. ... . umm nope 2.1 again. Could someone pass the M&M's please i hear chocolate helps with depression

LOL, as a matter of fact, I do have a bag of the mini M&Ms on my desk.
    Motorola Droid 4

I got our Ally's in September. The phone still cost me 150.00 but I got the second one free (with rebate of coarse). I am a Mac guy, and I was really contemplating the I Phone, but I was already a Verizon subscriber. So switching to AT&T with limited data usage didn't make sense, well if I can't use my ally to surf any flash websites on my phone it's almost like having limited data usage. Flash is HUDGE part of the super highway almost as much as Java, I really like the android software (that's huge coming from a Mac guy) but having my hands tied and being limited to what websites I can surf reminds of the old Windows days. No disrespect Bill, just saying.

LG, Through Down 2.2!!! Please!

I have been reading off of this forum for a month now trying to see what's going on with the 2.2 update. While I agree that it does kinda suck that this upgrade would equal to almost complete satisfaction with my ally I also feel patience is a virtue here. if we are told the upgrade is coming I'm sure it will come. Idk the reason we haven't gotten it but have faith the phone hasn't been around for long give them time.

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links