LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; O yea I also think they should make a giant m&m I mean if they can make a giant kiss why not m&m's...

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

O yea I also think they should make a giant m&m I mean if they can make a giant kiss why not m&m's

how hard is it to confirm that a software update is or isn't coming. I mean if its coming anounce its coming but you are working on it if it ain't coming tell us so we can get a phone that is able to keep up with the way technology changes and is not obsolete in two months. I have emails that I have wrote to LG about this and they tell me that they have never comfirmed that the ally will get the update. If that's true then why did they let these websites post that it was and not come out and say it wasn't apparently they don't care to much about their customers or they would have done something to satisfy us. They have to no how unhappy we are over this!!!!!! But yet they do nothing

@overlg,

I have also heard that LG is now saying they never confirmed the Ally would get 2.2. However, that is wrong. LG Pro announced on LG's Forum, and he is the one that started this thread, that we would get it. LG Pro works for LG. He even sent a message to a few blogs letting them know as well. That was back in August. The other day he told me that he still thinks we will get it but his hands are tied on saying anything more.
    Motorola Droid 4

Ok, in reference to Qasar's comment, the "they would be saying" was a reference back to the previous post by Nemesiis about the rep saying the small processor was the reason that it would not get the update. It was a response to a post, not an accusation necessarily. Also, I meant no ill will to any, just stating the facts as I saw them with regards to the specs of the Ally vs other phones that have already received the update to 2.2. Also, with the apps during a call thing, I did say it could just be me being behind, so clearly it was. I discover things on my phone or notice things on it that I have not noticed before all the time, so the comment was just an aside about me noticing it, whether or not it was new.

I agree with the spirit of overlg's comment to some degree in that I just want some consideration for the customers in them coming straight out and just telling us if we are getting it or not rather than going back and forth over it. I don't think that is much to ask, and is something that (like Ally Android said) was something I thought was already announced by LG Pro months ago even though no timeline was given, which is fine as that is often how things go.

On a lighter note, second on zorby's idea for a giant M&M as that would be totally awesome even though it would take like forever to eat.

By this point I've stopped hoping for the 2.2 upgrade. I'd love Froyo, I really would, but I've simply grown tired of waiting and taken matters into my own hands. Courtesy of the fantastic Ally community out there, I now have Apps2SD--which was far and away my most desired feature. Now, a 2.2 upgrade is almost moot for me.

I do completely agree that LG needs to man-up and make some sort of an official statement on this matter. There's far too much contradictory information floating around, and it's extremely frustrating for users who keep getting their hopes up only to have them dashed time and time again.

I don't know if you guys have seen it or not but getitnowmarking has a working 2.2 rom that he is trying to finish up for the ally....I don't have the link but if you look in his content on this forum you will find the link he's doing some pretty amazing stuff plus he needs help so if you have dev experience check it out.... the way it looks this will probaly be our only hope for 2.2. Oh and by the way he has it working he's just working out the bugs.

But I take it with the software he is working on you have to root your phone and the whole problem with rooting your phone is getting rid of the superuser permission icon if something goes wrong with your phone(which is something I've been trying and can't seem to do)

I have 30 days for froyo to drop.if not I'm gonna just buy another android phone.I love the keyboard but I need to put my 8gb sd card to use.and flash..

I have been doing a lot of searching al over the internet about us getting the 2.2 update. What I mostly see is a lot of people posting their conversations with people at LG. In every one of those conversations the LG person says we are definitely getting the update but they have no date as to when it will happen. All of these conversations happened between Sept. And now. Someone else also said, don't know h ow true this is, that they were told that when the 2.2 was pushed out to Droid, it resulted in a lot of broken phones and that's why its taking so long for us to get it.

I also saw this, which was posted on November 26th

http://androidandme.com/2010/11/news...updates-first/

It makes sense. If its accurate, we should be next in line to get the update.

My 2 cents, I think they intended to give it to us sooner and that's why it was announced back in August. Something happened that delayed it. And now we wait. I think we will get it by Christmas. I hope.

Android Jr Member David Sevigny's Avatar
    ok, here is my 1st question/advice post on the forum... i have done a great deal of reading on here. 2night i was gonna root my phone. universal androot is installed but i have yet to press "the button". i checked and rechecked all posts in reference to such...and spent some time on the youtube. as i follow/subscribe to the 2.2 thread; i am up to date on current postings.

...what made me decide 2 root was i had convinced an employee of mine to go the droid route from bb. he is on US cell, and went with the apex i believe...32gb. even with my 8gb sd card i am so far away from that. i dont need 2 be better, however i love this phone. i must balance my work function with my need 2 satisfy my inner child. i love angry birds, winds of steel, legends of arcania, dice wars, alchemy, etc.

this post i would like 2 address the following questions; please don't address any issues on rooting here as i have posted a question on that thread...help me respect the structure of the forum...my concerns.

*What is a fair time 2 give the powers that be, from this point: 12/07/10 to push down the upgrade?

*Considering storage space "real eastate" only, does it make sense to root? Therefore mukn up the upgrade.(my phone 2 me @ this point doesn't need 2b faster...velocity,ROM,Overclockn stuff.) that is fun tweekn later.

*If i root then unroot will the superuser icon go away?

thanks in advance 4 ur ops.

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links