LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; The superuser icon will not go away that's the problem I've been havin I rooted my phone without much research haven't used the root but ...

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

The superuser icon will not go away that's the problem I've been havin I rooted my phone without much research haven't used the root but it sits on my phone laughing at me

Quote Originally Posted by NoDumbFon View Post
    *What is a fair time 2 give the powers that be, from this point: 12/07/10 to push down the upgrade?

*Considering storage space "real eastate" only, does it make sense to root? Therefore mukn up the upgrade.(my phone 2 me @ this point doesn't need 2b faster...velocity,ROM,Overclockn stuff.) that is fun tweekn later.

*If i root then unroot will the superuser icon go away?

thanks in advance 4 ur ops.

IMO Root makes sense for Apps2SD. Without Apps2SD you will still run into the same problem of over-stuffing your phone with fun even if you take out the Bloatware. Of course the stuff I want is 15MB to 20MB each!

I remain hopeful that we get this update. But if not, I will likely reevaluate rooting after the New Year. Even though I am confident rooting wouldn't cause me much trouble, I would rather not take upgrading into my own hands.

Apps2SD has been fantastic, and is--in my opinion--well worth the risks of rooting. Not having to really worry about space is a magical thing, and makes the phone entirely different.

I have run into some problems with it though, namely that when using LauncherPro whenever the SD card would randomly unmount then remount itself, as it does from time to time, the phone would completely freak out, lock up, and reboot into an endless 'Android' logo, requiring a battery pull. Switching back to stock Android Home theme seems to have fixed the problem, although I do miss the speediness of LauncherPro.

I guess one can't have everything.

Now main question what if you root your phone and god forbid something happens to it and you have to take it to the store does this void the warranty. And is there any known way to get rid of the superuser app?

Android Jr Member David Sevigny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zorby View Post
    Now main question what if you root your phone and god forbid something happens to it and you have to take it to the store does this void the warranty. And is there any known way to get rid of the superuser app?

this is the final concern. my primary issue is space. so will i get busted, for ONLY rooting my phone for more space, because of some silly icon? i'm guessing that an update to froyo pushed down, may not screw up the phone if rooted. yet a diff. story if certain apps are removed or my cpu is tweaked.

i have an 8gb card and i am salivating over some larger cards...useless without apps2sd...no root, no apps2sd.

I'm mostly at a stage of "Whatever happens, happens" right now. If something does catastrophically fail, I'll work my hardest to flash the V6 or V8 ROM onto the phone before I try anything warranty related. If that fails and Verizon provides no joy, I'm sure there's someone on eBay who's in the market for a fixer-upper LG Ally.

Yes, rooting the phone will void your warrenty.
    Motorola Droid 4

O yea I also think they should make a giant m&m I mean if they can make a giant kiss why not m&m's

Here is a recipe for making your own: http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/project/36/
    Motorola Droid 4

Hi everyone.

This is my first post here and I have been eager about the 2.2 update. I came across on LG's forum website a link that would give us a date for Froyo on our LG phones. Sad to say it is not going to be this month. The link is to Verizon's website. Click it to check it out. If it's on VZ's site, this has to be official.

Quote Originally Posted by mysd411 View Post
    Hi everyone.

This is my first post here and I have been eager about the 2.2 update. I came across on LG's forum website a link that would give us a date for Froyo on our LG phones. Sad to say it is not going to be this month. The link is to Verizon's website. Click it to check it out. If it's on VZ's site, this has to be official.

So where's the link?

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links