LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; If you go to lgforum.com you will see it. Big deal we get it in feb 2011 by then 2.4 will be out and we ...

Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

If you go to lgforum.com you will see it. Big deal we get it in feb 2011 by then 2.4 will be out and we will be two updates behind..... thanks LG! I will say this atleast they finaly said something.....

Hey thanks ally android that is an awesome recipe I will have to try it out! Dream come true haha

Quote Originally Posted by glockman39 View Post
    So where's the link?

here

“A Froyo OS upgrade, will be available to all LG Ally handset users in February, 2011.”

if that February date is solid that means it took 9 months since both Android 2.2 and the Ally were released in May 2010 for Verizon/LG to figure out how or finally get around to updating the Ally to froyo

Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    here

[b]“A Froyo OS upgrade, will be available to all LG Ally handset users in February, 2011.”

if that February date is solid that means it took 9 months since both Android 2.2 and the Ally were released in May 2010 for Verizon/LG to figure out how or finally get around to updating the Ally to froyo

Thanks.

Wow. Finally an answer! I am happy that they said we are definitely getting it and gave us a date. Little dissapointed that we won't be getting it till Feb. But hey at least we are getting it before the end of next year. Lol. I am so glad they finally spoke up because I was getting so frustrated. I have had lots of issues with this phone and so has my neighbor and husband, who both got their Allys the same day I did. I've had to do a factory reset and my husband has had to do 2. My neighbor has had to do 2 and replace her phone. That's ridiculous. I've never had this many problems with a cell ph one b4. I love the phone but just wish it worked like it is supposed to. I have barely have any apps anymore thanks to a lack of space from all the updates giving me crap I don't need, don't use and runs constantly. I can't leave my phone on overnite otherwise its dead when I wake up. That is silly. Last night I took my phone off the charger at 100% and went to bed. Woke up at 9am and phone was dead. That's not right.

I will withhold my comments until Feb.
    Motorola Droid 4

Happy to at least hear something with a date in it. Now, even if it does not come out to us, we have a date to look to to know when to expect it rather than just sitting in uncertainty on even the possible date. Now we have February to hold to and, if it is not there by february, we can all lose faith in what they say for sure. I, for one, am not totally holding my breath, but will be happy come February when we know for sure.

I for one will not hold my breath. But it truly is nice to have an date. As for the time it takes, I would rather have FroYo come out with as few bugs as possible than come out with major bugs. Didn't the Droid have some issues with FroYo that was bricking some?

I want to say sorry to everyone that I forgot to add the link, but I want to thank jazz for watching my back. I'm glad to know we have a date to go by but I'm not getting my hopes up. I do feel if an update is out for the phone that looks similar to the Ally in Canada, we should have it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I will withhold my comments until Feb.

Always so practical.

Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links