LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by mysd411 I want to say sorry to everyone that I forgot to add the link, but I want to thank jazz for ...

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by mysd411 View Post
    I want to say sorry to everyone that I forgot to add the link, but I want to thank jazz for watching my back. I'm glad to know we have a date to go by but I'm not getting my hopes up. I do feel if an update is out for the phone that looks similar to the Ally in Canada, we should have it as well.

Oh it more than just looks the same. Short of it having a 5MP camera, its exactally the same. Same processor, same memory, same ROM etc. Just silver and a 5MP camera.

So feb is the month....I wanna watch anime on my phone via flash.anyone know an anime streaming site that skyfire can actually handle? On animeseason they have 2 videos on the same page. skyfire only reads the first video....there's no way I can select the 2nd video unless I don't know.please help!

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Currently the Ally's processor is not supported by Adobe for Flash.

I know but I'm say through skyfire.if there is a stable anime streaming site

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    Currently the Ally's processor is not supported by Adobe for Flash.

I for one do not care for flash as much. Especially with IE9 and FF4 both including embedded hardware acceleration via HTML5. And the Ally supports both HTML5 and h.264 (MP4) which is what's used on Youtubes HTML5 site. Its sooooo much faster and even better quality than Flash.

I want FroYo for the better performance and battery life mainly.

I heard about another video "code" that works like flash but better.still beta though.unfortunately everything uses flash...including a virus

Quote Originally Posted by J0Y View Post
    I heard about another video "code" that works like flash but better.still beta though.unfortunately everything uses flash...including a virus

Flash was great when it first hit. Simple, small and opened the internet to tons. But after Adobe bought them they slowly got worse.

If you really want to see the competition that Flash is about to have, download IE9 Beta (if you have Vista or 7) and try it out. They have a site for IE9 that shows off a lot of HTML5 features great including h.264 and other HTML5 features that allow gaming through it without Flash or anything else.

Maybe they can use that in Android since it does have HTML5 support.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmysmitty View Post
    Flash was great when it first hit. Simple, small and opened the internet to tons. But after Adobe bought them they slowly got worse.

If you really want to see the competition that Flash is about to have, download IE9 Beta (if you have Vista or 7) and try it out. They have a site for IE9 that shows off a lot of HTML5 features great including h.264 and other HTML5 features that allow gaming through it without Flash or anything else.

Maybe they can use that in Android since it does have HTML5 support.

I agree about flash but until HTML5/h.264 is more widley used we are stuck with many sites that use flash so that is the only reason I would like to see flash available on the Ally, but like Valkerie says I don't think the Ally's processor is supported by Adobe to use flash so it will be interesting to see if we will even be able to use flash after we get 2.2

So the wait continues.

Grr.

Quote Originally Posted by bu88a1974 View Post
    So the wait continues.

Grr.

TBH, we are lucky to get 2.2. There are plenty of phones out there that are stuck on 1.6 and even some on 1.5. They have it way worse than we do.

But still at least LG is taking their time and pushing it out with as few bugs as possible. Plus by the time we get FroYo, most apps will work with it and App2SD. In the end we benefit.

I too won't mind having flash on the Ally but still I think its days are numbered especially when IE9 and FF4 are final. Especially considering the acceptance of Windows 7, whic it should be accepted since its a great OS and XP doesn,t utilixe current hardware nearly as well as it does.

Still Flash is the bigger API. And until HTML5 is widely used we are stuck with. It. But I must admit most websites work great on the Ally Flash or no Flash.

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links