LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Thought so. Then that pretty much means the Ally should get FroYo....

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

Thought so. Then that pretty much means the Ally should get FroYo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
    I'm just excited that we may be getting Flash!

Thats the one thing that annoyed me since i've gotten my phone, no ability to view photos/videos that are flash powered

But hopefully this will change with Froyo!

have you tried using skyfire browser? it will load many videos on websites that require flash it also claims to download them faster too - and judging by the speeds and clean playback, I think I agree.

and to play videos that you have transferred to your phone via usb from your computer that thinkfree app refuses to play, i enabled *download apps from 3rd party* and use wuzhenhuaplayer and it plays them just fine.

On a separate note:

It is now December and my Ally is still sitting on 2.1 update1

Honestly, after having my Ally all these months, the only complaint I have are: internal memory size is small, inability to xfer apps to SD, and the 600Mhz chip (not that it is all that sluggish that I dislike it, but compared to some phones, it is just a bit slower). The screen resolution was way ahead of its time as is the keyboard - I feel those 2 features had raised the bar significantly for smartphones - and I love that it came w way less bloatware than most phones did. I have updates to my apps set to manual so I just don't update my Verizon app (it did update once and I regret it as now I cannot remove the obnoxious *city id* app) I won't make that mistake again and now I read the comments on the updated versions of all my apps to see how it affected other users before I choose to update...cuz sometimes newer is not always better

City ID was not something updated through the Market. It was added with the ZVB update OTA (over the air). I hate that it is there, too.

City ID has been there since I got the phone well before VZC update. Its a nice feature but not worth paying.

You're right. I meant ZVB.

Well basicall why said iphone was because I want some of the music making apps.but I think I'm just gonna buy an ipod touch for that.I don't wanna strain my battery life my ally.I just want my ally to have a smooth system with flash or at least a hotspot for my ipod so I can download new apps etc where ever.I hate the fact that I have to plug an ipod back into my computer just to get updates or apps.I rarely find free wifi spots and I'm not constantly near them.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Sooooo....I had pretzel M&M's for the first time today. I think I have new favorite M&M's.

Quote Originally Posted by J0Y View Post
    Well basicall why said iphone was because I want some of the music making apps.but I think I'm just gonna buy an ipod touch for that.I don't wanna strain my battery life my ally.I just want my ally to have a smooth system with flash or at least a hotspot for my ipod so I can download new apps etc where ever.I hate the fact that I have to plug an ipod back into my computer just to get updates or apps.I rarely find free wifi spots and I'm not constantly near them.

The worst part of a iPod/iPhone is iTunes. iTunes uses a program (I forget the name but it runs at startup) that opens ports to discover other wireless devices. The biggest problem is that it is not secure and allows files through.

I don't use any Apple software. Safari is a good example. It was even more unsecure than IE7 and had major security flaws. It made IE look good, although IE9 is great alone.

As for music, it won't stress the battery. My EnV Touch could play music for 2 days straight without a charge. I am sure the Ally can too as it has a bigger battery.

I know Intels Atom CPU set for smartphones (dual core at 1.4GHz based on Moorestown) was said to be able to play music for 2 weeks straight. Then again it has advanced power features where it will shut off most of the CPU and use only what it needs to do the current task. Of cours we won't see them for a while yet. Hope LG will make one based on it.

*Edit*

Just remembered. The service iTunes installs is called 'bonjour'. Its annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    Sooooo....I had pretzel M&M's for the first time today. I think I have new favorite M&M's.

I told you they was addictive. I get the shakes every time I see a bag of them. Gained like 10 pounds in 2 weeks and the only thing in my diet that I changed was eating them. Now I avoid the candy isle so I won't be tempted.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post

I tried them months ago and can agree. Did you ever have the crunchy ones? THOSE were FANTASTIC and life changing.

And in regards to us having to wait til Feb, watch the update come out on the last day in Feb, just to spite us. I don't like that the ETA is just Feb. It's better than nothing but is vague. I'd rather it be on a specific day (like the 2.1 update for 11/19 that was given) so I don't spend every day of Feb wondering when it's gonna happen.

About to go to 7-11 or Wal-Mart for M&Ms now.

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links