LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Jimmysmitty Nope. No flash as Adobe says no. Too bad. I even tried a .apk of flash and it wouldn't install. As ...

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmysmitty View Post
    Nope. No flash as Adobe says no. Too bad. I even tried a .apk of flash and it wouldn't install.

As for App2SD, most of the ones listed are preloaded so they won't go. Others depend on the devs which the majority of the ones I use will which is nice.

That is so disappointing! I was really looking forward to having flash! Ok, so besides apps2sd, what else is different. What are the perks to having 2.2? Because I read thru what LG posted as the changes and most of them don't sound like anything that I will be using. And will this update solve my battery issues? And solve the lag in my phone?

Quote Originally Posted by nicolett80 View Post
    That is so disappointing! I was really looking forward to having flash! Ok, so besides apps2sd, what else is different. What are the perks to having 2.2? Because I read thru what LG posted as the changes and most of them don't sound like anything that I will be using. And will this update solve my battery issues? And solve the lag in my phone?

FroYo is supposed to be faster and as well allocate resources (memory, CPU) better. Its supposed to also give at least 20% better battery life.

I was messin with my phone for about 5 hours after updating, plaing games and a few other things on full brightness and the battery went to about 65% after being left alone over night.

FroYo is supposed to be faster and as well allocate resources (memory, CPU) better. Its supposed to also give at least 20% better battery life.

I was messin with my phone for about 5 hours after updating, plaing games and a few other things on full brightness and the battery went to about 65% after being left alone over night.

What about wifi hotspot?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan0925 View Post
    What about wifi hotspot?

From what I can find, its not fvree. VZW charges $20 a month for 2GB of bandwidth. There are free tethering programs out that use you Unlimted Data but I don't think it supports WiFi and just does a single PC via USB.

From what I can find, its not fvree. VZW charges a month for 2GB of bandwidth. There are free tethering programs out that use you Unlimted Data but I don't think it supports WiFi and just does a single PC via USB.

Figures. Another icon to hide.

That sounds better I guess. My problem is, and has been since day 1 of having the phone, that the time without signal is always at 50% or higher & no matter what I do I cannot get it to stay down. I think it is really killing my battery. If I charge up my phone right before I go to bed, when I wake up it is at like 40% battery life. That's horrible. Sometimes its even dead when I wake up. Another issue I have is no space on my phone. I barely have any apps. And the ones I do have do not take up much space. Everytime we got an OTA update that added more junk that I don't use, my phone would say I was out of space & I would have to uninstall yet another app that I do use. Now I am down to barely anything. I don't use wi fi so I keep it off at all times. My screen brightness is always down, I keep gps sattelite off and I am constantly clearing cache for everything. I am doing everything possible to keep my phone memory down low. But I still have problems. But I am really sick of my battery dying so fast after using the phone, taking a few pics or playing a game for only 10 minutes.

Nicolete80, you have a program growing that needs cleaned and/or deleted and reinstalled

. Do this.... go to menu> settings> applications>manage applications>menu>'choose all programs'>menu>sort by size.

List the top 5 apps and their size for me.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolett80 View Post
    That sounds better I guess. My problem is, and has been since day 1 of having the phone, that the time without signal is always at 50% or higher & no matter what I do I cannot get it to stay down. I think it is really killing my battery. If I charge up my phone right before I go to bed, when I wake up it is at like 40% battery life. That's horrible. Sometimes its even dead when I wake up. Another issue I have is no space on my phone. I barely have any apps. And the ones I do have do not take up much space. Everytime we got an OTA update that added more junk that I don't use, my phone would say I was out of space & I would have to uninstall yet another app that I do use. Now I am down to barely anything. I don't use wi fi so I keep it off at all times. My screen brightness is always down, I keep gps sattelite off and I am constantly clearing cache for everything. I am doing everything possible to keep my phone memory down low. But I still have problems. But I am really sick of my battery dying so fast after using the phone, taking a few pics or playing a game for only 10 minutes.

Since I have only had FroYo for a day I haven't seen if it has the 50% bug but I think thats one of the major fixes in FroYo.

has anyone gotten it on a mac?

They are pushing out the OTA right now. I'd just sit tight and wait for it. It's actually up on the VZW website now.

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links