LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

This is a discussion on LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by nicolett80 I went in and uninstalled & reinstalled apps & my top 5 looks a little different now. Most numbers did go ...

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: LG Ally will get Android 2.2 Upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by nicolett80 View Post
    I went in and uninstalled & reinstalled apps & my top 5 looks a little different now. Most numbers did go down.

Angry Birds 16.12 MB

Thinkfree 9.88 MB

Maps 8.99 MB

Papaya Farm 5.92 MB

Settings 5.26 MB

What in the world are you doing with your settings? I have Settings listed as 108 KB and yours is over 5 MB!

Quote Originally Posted by toluan View Post
    Follow the instruction on the computer to the tee!

Yeah… for most people that would work but I spent 7 hours over 2 days following the instructions to a tee with no results. It wasn't until I accidently turned off debugging (after the software checked my phone connection) that I was able to get anything to happen.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    What in the world are you doing with your settings? I have Settings listed as 108 KB and yours is over 5 MB!

My Settings is 892KB but I think the difference is AK8s did a factory reset after DLing Froyo.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    My Settings is 892KB but I think the difference is AK8s did a factory reset after DLing Froyo.

Doesn't 5MB seem excessive to you though?

On second thought...do you use many widgets? I only use the sense analog glass clock widget. I'm not a big fan of the social media widgets and haven't seen any other things I want weighing down the system. Maybe it is widget related.

My settings are at 444 kb. 5 MB does seem high but I also just did a FR after upgrading and don't have everything configured yet.

My Angry Birds is only 1.98 MB.
    Motorola Droid 4

Yes, that is very high. I even think my 892KB is high for settings. The last time I looked it was not that high. It was in the 600's. I did recently add some remembered passwords using the browser, though. Perhaps they are saved in settings ??

Lol! I'm not sure why it is that big! I guess I just thought it was supposed to be. I have a widget on my main screen to access ringer & media volume faster. Do you think that is why it is so much bigger than everyone elses? But that's the only thing I can think of. What should I do?!

And I do not have 2.2 yet. I am waiting for the OTA update, which hopefully will be coming to me soon. I did do a factory reset after the last update we got but that was months ago.

I am going to remove the widget & see if that makes a difference in the size.

Can someone help me out here in figuring out why my settings is so large? I had the power control widget & the sounds & display widget on my main screen. I removed both and that doesn't make a difference. It stayed at 5.26 MB. What could be making it so large?

And since I uninstalled & reinstalled all those apps & brought them down in size, my phones battery is still dying just as quickly as it was before. So making more space on my phone did not help my battery issue at all.

nicolett80, you will probably Factory Reset after you get the OTA update right? Hopefully yours comes soon and you don't have to worry about it because you'll just start over. Then, when you replace things, take note of what is happening. I have never had the severity of problems you describe. I have hardly had any problems at all. I hope this update fixes all those for you, really!

Nicolett.....are you using a live wallpaper by any chance?

Nicolett.....are you using a live wallpaper by any chance?

No, I am not using a live wallpaper. And I do not have any weaher widgets on my phone that run constantly. I have lots of things turned off because I don't use them. I also keep my screen brightness down 80% of the day. So, it makes no sense why my battery dies so quickly. Even if I barely touch my phone, its dying.

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links